Rumor NO MORE!, SpeedHD, FX HD & More THIS WEEK! (NOW LIVE)

I didn't realize Speed was all that popular. I guess I was wrong. I don't even have it listed in my guide, I took it off the guide once we got it..

Seriously??? :confused:

i just checked ask.com, there are 75 million Nascar fans (mostly all in the US), almost 1/3 the US population.why wouldn't Speed be popular? and then you have formula one fans,motocross fans,car collectors, anyone who enjoys cars (a lot more than 75 million) might enjoy programming on Speed to watch.

it hard to believe anyone who frequents these boards would not have an IDEA of the demand for this channel.

Let me explain how important Speed is at our house...

We don't watch NASCAR anymore. Seems like pro wrestleing these days.

However, we are so into F1 that the ONLY reason we* pay for Dish is for the F1 coverage on Speed.

Sure, we enjoy some of the other programming, but Speed is what keeps us paying our bill.

*We meaning my wife. She wants to drop pay TV to save money, but F1 keeps her from pulling the plug. If you could download races on Xbox, she'd do it & pull the plug. :)

Let me explain how important Speed is at our house...

We don't watch NASCAR anymore. Seems like pro wrestleing these days.

However, we are so into F1 that the ONLY reason we* pay for Dish is for the F1 coverage on Speed.

Sure, we enjoy some of the other programming, but Speed is what keeps us paying our bill.

*We meaning my wife. She wants to drop pay TV to save money, but F1 keeps her from pulling the plug. If you could download races on Xbox, she'd do it & pull the plug. :)

I agree I don't give a rats about Nascar, but love F1, This is the only thing I watch Speed for.

I don't think I'd care about SPEED HD either. However, I'm glad to see it coming (hopefully), because so many people want it. In my unprofessional view, it would seem that these additions would up the ante in the competition game. Close competition should be a good thing for customers of both camps.

Seriously??? :confused:

i just checked ask.com, there are 75 million Nascar fans (mostly all in the US), almost 1/3 the US population.why wouldn't Speed be popular? and then you have formula one fans,motocross fans,car collectors, anyone who enjoys cars (a lot more than 75 million) might enjoy programming on Speed to watch.

it hard to believe anyone who frequents these boards would not have an IDEA of the demand for this channel.
I am just saying. I do not understand the fascination with watching cars go around an oval hours at a time in pretty much the same position. Hey, but that is just me. I do realize it is popular, I just do not understand why. Glad to see the Dish motor sports fans are finally getting a channel that they enjoy.

ETA: There are things I really enjoy doing: hiking, skiing, mountain biking, riding (motorcycles), golfing, ex, but that does not necessarily mean I enjoy watching these things on TV. Me, an avid hiker, could not think of anything more boring on TV than watching a "hiking competition"

I am just saying. I do not understand the fascination with watching cars go around an oval hours at a time in pretty much the same position.

Me either....I don't even know what F1 is, but I'm happy E* is adding this channel because it's going to make a lot of posters here very happy.

I am just saying. I do not understand the fascination with watching cars go around an oval hours at a time in pretty much the same position. Hey, but that is just me. I do realize it is popular, I just do not understand why. Glad to see the Dish motor sports fans are finally getting a channel that they enjoy.

Dodger ... I agree! Can't understand why anybody would want to watch cars going around an oval as well. But everybody has different likes. I love watching golf in HD but I am sure many feel it is really boring. I guess it's different likes for different people!

Dodger ... I agree! Can't understand why anybody would want to watch cars going around an oval as well. But everybody has different likes. I love watching golf in HD but I am sure many feel it is really boring. I guess it's different likes for different people!
Different strokes for different folks.

I'm one of those people who can watch golf on TV, so In a way I can empathize with the Nascar watchers. I do watch Daytona and the occasional night race in HD so it's not like I avoid it. But I'm not an avid watcher. Dale Sr. was my favorite driver so my interest pretty much died when he did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)