Running cable

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jeevak

Original poster
Jul 17, 2015
nyc
folks

just bought a house and running coax cable to my garage and wondering how many should I run. I know you can attach a motor to the dish but how long does it take to switch channels using this method? Will it help installing 2 dishes in the future and should I just install 2 runs. We are already digging up to lay some concrete so won't get a chance again

Thanks

I suggest that you run grey PVC electrical conduit, 1.5"-2" diameter and run at least 2 cables in it, plus a runner to pull more through in the future. You may only use 1 or 2, but this gives you the option in the future to pull more through, in case of failure or desire to add more dishes. This way, you don't have to dig and do concrete again. Switching channels or changing satellites does not depend on the use of cable or other wiring. Changing satellites depends on your motor speed, not the wiring, as long as the wiring is sufficient size.

I'm new to this - can you example of the pvc electrical conduit? maybe a link
Also is it ok to run network Cat6 cable in the same conduit?

While at it, run a few others along with the coax, just in 'case'. Maybe a LAN cable? (I-net connection, security camera) Maybe an intercom wire? Garage door open indicator in the kitchen?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)