Rush HD's scaled back programming

who_the

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 18, 2004
San Francisco, Calif.
Voom used to show Endless Summer and other Bruce Brown movies after hours on weekends. No more. In fact, it seems like Rush has scaled back their programming quite a bit. Anybody else notice this? Seems like a ton of Gravity Games now.

Rush also used to play a surfing clip to fill time; looked like it was shot on film and transfered to HD, and was some really amazing footage from handheld cameras in the water. Anybody know what this is, or have you seen it since Voom switched to Dish?

I suspect that VOOM stopped getting new content when all of the uncertainty about the future happened. Now that the furure of the channels has been secured, we should expect to see new content coming in the next months.

If you like surfing, pick up "Step Into Liquid". It also has a WM HD version. Since I can't play a WM HD disc I ran the standard DVD through my upconverting player and the PQ was excellent.

I think Showtime has showed Step Into Liquid before in HD. Really excellent. That's Dana Brown, right? I'd like to see Dust, his movie on the Baja 1000 in HD.

I had Rush HD when I had Voom and loved all the whitewater kayaking programs. Now, I have DishNetwork and purchased the Voom package (what a deal!), but don't see any whitewater kayaking since I've had it. Bummed in Iowa!

riffjim4069 said:
I don't know what VOOM is up to these days and their website is still down. :confused:

There are not up to adding new content to Rush, Rave and Equator that is for sure. They need to get their act together QUICK and get new content on

Anyone catch Dream Theater on Rave last night?

Japanese Cinema on GuyTv today!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)