RV Setup suddenly not working!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

auburnmdw1

Original poster
Oct 16, 2014
Hueytown, AL
Help guys! I have a fairly old school setup, that was working great two weeks ago, but DOA this weekend. I have an SL3 4 output, non-SWM, going to an HR24 box. I have B band converters connected into both inputs, but only one line going into the box (sat input 1). I am right next to a friend with the non-HD 18" setup and a 98 signal on 101, so I'm pointing in the right direction. But nothing, not even a whiff of a signal. This setup worked perfectly two weeks ago. What am I missing here folks? Should I remove the BBC from the other input, or no?

:welcome to Satelliteguys aubrunmdw1!

The bbc is necessary in a non swm setup to receive hd signals, but it could have failed. Are you getting any sd channels? What are your signal strengths on all of the satellites?

Zeros all around, even 101. Bad BBC maybe?

The bbc is necessary in a non swm setup to receive hd signals, but it could have failed. Are you getting any sd channels? What are your signal strengths on all of the satellites?[/QUOTE]

Probably not the bbc, as it has no effect on sd signals. Have you checked all of the connections? Could the dish have been knocked out of alignment? The lnb could have gone bad, too.

I'm thinking its an alignment issue ...
Is this a dish he set up last week took down and is putting back up this week, and he's just not pinpointed the signal ?
Or a dish that has been in place and suddenly doesn't work ?

If it's the latter, I think someone has maybe bumped the dish out of position.

Check all your cabling and connections too, make sure no cuts in the cable and no water got inside any connections and caused corrosion.

I agree it is probably an alignment issue. A similar think happened to us at an RV park in San Antonio. Everything worked fine in the morning. Went to town to look around and do the tourist thing. When we returned, zippo. A quick realignment of the dish set everything right. I cannot name names since I did not see anything, but I know there was not enough wind that day to move the dish. Someone apparently felt obligated to see if I could figure out why my reception went wacko. But, the realignment fixed everything.

Glad to hear you got it fixed and it was something easy.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts