S 238?

Yep, I got it last night and that's the first thing my wife noticed this morning. Seems kind of redundant and "dumb" to have made that a banner on EVERY single channel change.
I'm not sure it is posted anywhere else on any other oft-used screens. So, they probably feel this is the best way to get this operational info out there.

Perhaps there is a better, less obnoxious way? Maybe make it smaller, or add it to the banner itself, instead of an add-on attached below it?

If somehow DISH could figure a way to educate the customers on the use of the Channel List Feature like they have with the colored button banner... :rolleyes:

We had a PBS station broadcast a while back in "squeeze" mode--the 16x9 picture at full height but the width reduced to 4x3 SD size. This allowed those with HD set to stretch the picture width, getting a full screen picture without black bars right and left nor top and bottom.

-Ken

Finally got 238 on mine today. Happy to see the increase in speed finally, but like others have said, not a big fan of the extension to the banner with the red and blue buttons being added to a banner that was already big enough as it was.

Between that and all the obnoxious screen ads at the bottom of many channels, its not going to be long before the banners are going to cover the whole channel when surfing. :(

Between that and all the obnoxious screen ads at the bottom of many channels, its not going to be long before the banners are going to cover the whole channel when surfing. :(

Why would you want to watch the channels? I mean, you pay for dish to watch the banners, right?

Actually I didn't know, but I'd love to learn how to do so! :)

Where is the setting to turn those off? I already have the ad at the bottom of the program guide turned off, but the banner ads still show up when changing channels.

Can't turn those off.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Settings > Guide Settings > Format Guide > EPG Banner > OFF

That will get rid of the PPV/VOD advertisements in the guide. Are you guys referring to the banners that some networks air or can you post a screenshot?

Settings > Guide Settings > Format Guide > EPG Banner > OFF

That will get rid of the PPV/VOD advertisements in the guide. Are you guys referring to the banners that some networks air or can you post a screenshot?

He's talking about the banners that pop up when you press CANCEL during live TV e.g. HBO/Cinemax.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

exchanging vip 211 for dvr?

Hold on to your return receipts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts