S210 Release Notes?

Awesome, thanks!

My hoppers have a habit of being in the first batch to receive updates. Guess there was something broken in 210 that they had to fix in 211

Awesome, thanks!

My hoppers have a habit of being in the first batch to receive updates. Guess there was something broken in 210 that they had to fix in 211
My original Hopper was like that. All the new releases banged out the first night they were available. But, I just replaced it. And, the new one is stuck on 209/261. I miss 210/262.

I do hope 211 fixes the default guide issue, and intermittent CC during playback.

Both of mine got S211 overnight. One was on S209, the other on S210.

I haven't checked the Joeys but I think they were put on S263. One of them rebooted overnight.

One thing I quickly notice about 211 is that my CC is working a lot better. It no longer underscrolls (no garbled lines) and it works thru fwd skips much more reliably than it used to.

I'm disappointed that my new replacement Hopper isn't on the first-run list. My previous Hopper got every update immediately. I enjoyed that.

I think it would be a good idea to allow SatGuys members to request inclusion in the first run of updates. We would be much more useful to Dish engineers for QA in the wild, as we pay attention to all of the little things, and report them on the forum. Why not use that resource?

Dish should add a cheat code or a button on the updates panel to the Hopper so those of us who want to can force an update. Then they will have very fast feedback of any problems or bugs and we would stop complaining about not getting the latest update.

Last edited:
rglore said:
Dish should add a cheat code or a button on the updates panel to the Hopper so those of us who want to can force an update. Then they will have very fast feedback of any problems or bugs and we would stop complaining about not getting the latest update.

You don't know the cheat code? It's up up down down left right left right b a : )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts