S234 12-13-12

My other half seems to like it so dodged a bullet there got called into the living room and he went look at the scrolly thingy on the guide isn't that neat. So all is well for now

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Got the update today, have not seen any issue yet.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app.

S230/S234 has made one of my Hoppers have intermittent slowness but the other 2H/2J don't seem to be any slower (yet.)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

After receiving 234, I have not had my external hard drive drop off - maybe that is fixed. Also, I don't know if this showed up in 230 or 234 (I don't remember seeing it mentioned here), but there is now an external drive menu option, and it appears to let you transfer the entire contents of your external drive to your hopper or vice versa. The external drive menu button is also in the Joey menu, but it says it is a future feature.

After receiving 234, I have not had my external hard drive drop off - maybe that is fixed. Also, I don't know if this showed up in 230 or 234 (I don't remember seeing it mentioned here), but there is now an external drive menu option, and it appears to let you transfer the entire contents of your external drive to your hopper or vice versa. The external drive menu button is also in the Joey menu, but it says it is a future feature.

My drive has stayed there also with S234. We'll see if this is fixed. The transfer function on the Hopper has always been there.

One thing 234 seems to have fixed...being able to add both sat and OTA of a local station to faves list. Before it would only add the Sat channel.

Last edited:
I've had OTA channels in my favorites list since 230.
Not the problem...for ONE local station, could not put both in faves list, in my case, Fox affiliate. It would take the sat, NOT the OTA. Others have reported similar.

Last edited:
I can confirm this with both of my Hoppers and it is repeatable so the programmers should be able to find and fix the problem. Thanks to "Oldengineer" for finding this.

Barbara

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've isolated my CC problem with S234 to the fact that it only works on 1 of the 2 tuners that are in use (the second is the PIP tuner even though PIP isn't in use). If I enable CC and it doesn't work using the swap or input keys will switch tuners and it will work on that tuner. If I have both tuners set to the same channel CC will work on 1 of them but not the other.

My OTA reception has become progressively worse with each software update to the point where ABC is now unwatchable with s234. I posted more info on the "Hopper OTA usb problem" thread.

Watched tonight's update knock off the EHD again. No joy in that department. Also undid one channel's Sat/ota Faves fix. (see above a few posts).

Watched tonight's update knock off the EHD again. No joy in that department. Also undid one channel's Sat/ota Faves fix. (see above a few posts).

I haven't been following the EHD problem but I just checked mine and it still works. I don't know if this helps any, but I was having the same problem with my EHD disappearing after the nightly updates with my 722k. Tech could not figure out the problem. They even sent me a new 722k thinking the USB port was broken, but the problem persisted. Then one day my EHD stopped working altogether. I reformatted it on the PC and ran Seagate Tools diagnostics and it failed miserably. It was still under warranty so Seagate sent me a new one and I have not had that problem again. So long story short your EHD may be going bad.

The EHD situation is still unstable for me. Somedays both of my EHDs are there (not very often). Somedays one or the other. Somedays neither. It's getting really old. It worked fine up until about S230.

My faves seem to be working properly the past few days.

They need to concentrate on fixing bugs before adding any more new features.

My EHD continues to be there each day. Fingers crossed :). I did get a pop up yesterday that said I had connected external device 1, my EHD when I had done nothing. Perhaps there is still something buggy there or the EHD may be dying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)