Sad health news for MLB Hall of Famer

Very sad.

It is not common to several small tumors. This usually only happens when it metastasized from somewhere else or was induced by exposure to something that can cause cancer. Hopefully they caught it soon enough.

Carter was my favorite catcher growing up. I still remember a All-Star game where Dave Parker threw a blast from right field straight to him.

gary carter has brain cancer

he was just diagnosed with glioblastoma (i believe that is correct) which is the most aggressive form of brain cancer. he has four small malignant tumors that are snaked together around the base of his brain. no sugery as the cancer is too advanced. just chemo and meds. normal life expectancy is around 14 months.

i met him when he joined the marlins organization as their caravan use to come up here to daytona beach. god bless as he fights this disease.

Very sad. And I was reading a story from back in the 1980's when they talked about the pesticides used on golf courses and baseball fields. Is it related ? I don't know . But the article seemed to think it was.

More complications for Carter...

Hall of Fame catcher Gary Carter was rushed to the emergency room on Thursday night after experiencing a "serious coughing attack" and having "shooting pains in his back," his daughter, Kimmy Bloemers, wrote on a private family website Friday.

Carter had blood drawn and underwent X-rays and a CT scan on his chest and back, which revealed that he had come down with a case of bronchitis. Carter left the hospital early Friday morning and returned home to rest.

Hall of Famer Gary Carter rushed to ER for coughing - ESPN New York

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts