Samsung 2014 sets may get Tizen.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
From Cnet's updated article.

http://www.cnet.com/au/news/tizen-wont-be-coming-to-samsungs-older-smart-tvs-ces-2015/

The company on Wednesday said owners of last year's H8000 and H7150 LED television sets as well as the pricey, ultra-high definition HU9000 and HU8550 TVs can update to the new operating system after buying a 2015 Evolution Kit. For 4K/Ultra High Definition TV owners, Samsung will sell a One Connect Box that updates not only the software but also the brains of the television, HDMI inputs and other items.

I am an HU8550 owner so I will be keeping an eye out for the one connect box.

I've got an HU8550 on order. Be interesting to see what else is in the 2015 Evolution Kit. Tizen alone I don't think will be enough to justify it.

What does this "Kit" do for you and what is Tizen ?

Good question on the kit, remains to be seen.

Tizen is the Operating System for the TV, or at least for the 'Smart' features. Kinda Android vs. iOS. For a TV I'm not sure I really care.

I played with Tizen and thought the current software was better. I don't do any gaming so I will need to see what the evolution box offers when it is released. If its just $300 to get Tizen then I will pass.

No games here either.

What could the evolution kit add to a 2014 set anyway? I thought the 8550 already had at least one of the latest HDMI ports.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

I have a 75 inch H7150' but to the best of my knowledge it has no evolution port. I have searched the Internet, and have been unable to find anyone call Samsung, or the publications that are posting this info out on this fact. Am I missing something?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a 75 inch H7150' but to the best of my knowledge it has no evolution port. I have searched the Internet, and have been unable to find anyone call Samsung, or the publications that are posting this info out on this fact. Am I missing something?

I believe the evolution kit is for the UHD models.

The 7150 does not have it. The F8000, F8500, H8000 are a few that I know off the top of my head that are not curved and have the evolution kit.
It is listed in the specs for the tvs that have it.

Right I am sure I don't have the EVO port, my question is what is the 7150 listed as being a model that will get the Tizen upgrade in these articles? If this is a mistake it should be corrected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts