Samsung Omnia vs. HTC Touch Diamond

hometownblues

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2005
virginia
I have Verizon Wireless service and have just recently decided to upgrade to my first smartphone. I have narrowed my choices down to these to because I can get both at a great price. Which phone has the best internet experience(fastest downloads, plays youtube files that are embedded in websites, and keyboard layout)? Which phone has better call quality and signal strength(I live near Craney Island in Portsmouth, VA is this helps)? Any other viewpoints that I can get on either phone will be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance for the answers and help that I receive.

Hopefully Stuart628 will be able to help you, as he has had both phones (well, not sure if he had the Diamond, but he had a HTC touch).

I have an Omnia. Call quality is excellent; its a great all-around phone. Highly recommend it. And its cool too. Good wi-fi, 5MP camera takes great outdoor photos, even has a flash.

alright, I had the omnia and touch pro, and I actually loved both :) I know you like the diamond, which would take away a positive from the touch pro (physical keyboard) so I will go off of what I know...currently My omnia is runnig windows 6.5 via a hack done at modaco, and I can say the phone has been amazing, with very little hiccups for a hacked rom...if you are not running a hacked rom the samsung widgets are nice, especially the weatherbug widget that was a favorite of mine. I cant comment on the keyboard of the diamond (you might want to go into the store and play with that) but the omnias keyboard was nice and very responsive, the only problem I had was my fingers kept hitting the send or menu key because of the awkard placement of them. Call quality was very nice on both the HTC and samsung with no complaints of tin sounds or anything, also the signal strength was also about the same with maybe a slight advantage to the omnia.... here is the big difference for me, if you like playing with phones and flashing firmware the HTC is the way to go, they have alot more support in that area and it just seems as though the samsung is harder to flash. IF you dont like to flash I would say go omnia as for some reason verizon has crippled HTC phones and the touch flo 3d dosent work as it should without the extra ram...where as the omnia with their widget layout is a little more stable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)