Status
Please reply by conversation.

andyin137

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Lompoc,California
DirecTV losing ABC local

Are local ABC put a scroll on tonight saying Directv is dropping their channel on OCtober 9th,as they have come to an impasse(whatever that means).Just nice to see Directv having problems too,seems to be always Dish but not this time.KEYT Santa Barbara channel 3 ABC

Saw a scroll on are localABC tonight that Directv is dropping KEYT Channel 3 ABC,due to an impasse (what ever that means)on October 9..They said you can still pick up ABC through OTA or CableOr Dishnetwork.OTA doesnt work outside Santa Barbara because of terrain,so if you dont have any of the other providers ,your out of Luck ,for a while.
Another situation where customers get screwed<again..

Last edited:
one, you posted on the wrong section, this belongs to the DirecTV section, and second, KEYT is not a Disney/ABC Owned and Operated station, the station is owned by News-Press & Gazette Company which the channel was bought by them last fall according to the wikipedia page of KEYT. not sure if it's just that station or all of the News-Press & Gazette Owned and Operated stations that is going into dispute soon on DirecTV.

Mods, lock or merge this with the other thread that andyin137 created in the DirecTV section as this has nothing to do with the current Dish/Disney issue.

Who said he was connecting this with Dish/Disney? He was just pointing out that DirecTV is having dispute issues aswell when it always seems like it's only Dish. The way he presented his post is specifically made for this forum and not the DirecTV forum.

Probably another retransmission fee disagreement.....

Gotta love how some people are so quick to jump on people over issues of minutiae in these forums. Chill out, it's not a capital offense.

apparently you didn't even bother to read his whole post...
I agree andyin137, it is nice to see DTV trying to play hardball with money grubbing channels too!

Not really much info out there about this.

Typically, the two companies would come to an agreement to extend the current contract till they can hammer out a new one, while keeping the channel ON.
Stay tuned to see if this is what happens here as well, or not.

Wondering how much over the typical network fee, KEYT is asking, seems like all the networks are asking for huge amounts more than the last guy and for the most part, not getting it.

We had this dispute a year or two ago, the FOX contract was up ( locally here, FOX and CBS are in a joint working agreement), now in this market, FOX is #4 on the pecking list, with CBS being #1, but Fox decided that they could ask for the same amount of money that CBS was getting, D* said, your station doesn't have anywhere near the viewership that CBS does and turned Fox down.

I saw the same message for KIFI the ABC affiliate in Idaho Falls. It it's also owned by News-Press and Gazette.

Yepp... With 5 tuners Im now using it as backup on the Tivo, but at least I have backup if the HR44 fails or a local gets yanked.

Actually the post was appropriate for the DISH forum, as it was posted as a "see it happens on DIRECTV too" type message. But since they have been merged I cant move them back sorry. :(

(Although I admit when I read it this morning quickly I thought it was in the wrong area too.)

Yepp, but "see it happens" is bad form for both a Directv sub in a Dish forum and vice versa. Its just gonna bring drama, plus the channel hasnt even been dropped. Sure, both sides have disputes, the fact is Directv does a better job with them.

But I really dont care to get into Dish vs Directv debates, best for the War Zone. There are facts/pros/cons about both providers, then there is what everyone else thinks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts