Satelite 82

bud_y_r said:
Looking for an lnb for satelite 82 for Expresvue.
I bought a second lnb but it has the same signal as first one "91" I'm located near Tampa FL
Did you set the skew?

Skew should be 98….if you are behind the dish, the LNB on the left should be higher than the one on the right : )

You would need to combine the two LNB’s with a switch…I am worried though as most 24” dishes do not have a skew option….the 20” dishes do

The 24" dish is round and can only see one sat. at a time. I use a 24" for 82 and an 18" for 91. (Am in Calif.) Use an SW21 switch to feed into the 6000 box.
I don't know if you can get 82 in Fl. Go to http://www.canadian-tv.com/forums/ where there are other southern Canadians who would know.

...mike

bud_y_r said:
Looking for an lnb for satelite 82 for Expresvue.
I bought a second lnb but it has the same signal as first one "91" I'm located near Tampa FL

I am in the area and I get 82W but it is weaker than 91W.

A 24" should be ok...but marginal. I am getting a signal on a 6000 of about 80 or so with a 36" dish. I figure a 24" would get a signal in the 60s on 6000 and don't expect to hold onto the signal during any type of rain.

50s is where it really becomes hit and miss on a 6000.

You state you have a 24" dish and then say you purchased a 2nd lnb. What type dish and setup are you using exactly?

This was mine about 18 months (a lot more stuff has grown up there since then) ago as it shows the BEV with the least amount of clutter.

The white RG6 is the BEV 82/91. The Black RG6 is Dish 110/119.

When I was last in Montreal I bought a second lnb. Are both lnbs the same because I asked for an 82 lnb..The package did not make any distinction. I still cant get the signal from satelite 82.

bud_y_r said:
When I was last in Montreal I bought a second lnb. Are both lnbs the same because I asked for an 82 lnb..The package did not make any distinction. I still cant get the signal from satelite 82.
It does not matter...they will work with either.

3 lnbs? It sounds as if you have a Directv Dish - not a Dish Dish.

The Directv center position is made especially for Directv and will not work with Dish.

bud_y_r said:
i have room for 3 lnbs but only towo installed in centre position.

You need an Expressvu or Dishnetwork dual LNBF dish - since Charlie Ergan likes to make as much $$$$ as he can - everything that can be propriety will be. Nice secure encryption as well.

For all your friggin around with even the best scenario not to be getting all the channels you pay for; you should look at selling that 6000 while certain Canadians will still pay top $$ for it.

http://www.kusat.com/catalog/produc...d=330&osCsid=7a9d1a74b000903873734b91a2333656