Satellite Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chugger

Original poster
Oct 13, 2014
Arkansas
I have a 5th wheel rv with two outside satellite connections, one for the living room and one for the bedroom.
I have a directv receiver connected to the LR and it works fine. My question is how do I connect a second receiver to the BR tv and will it work? I presently use a wineguard portable unit that I set up outside. Can I put a splitter at the output of the satellite unit and simply run a second cable to the bedroom outside port, then connect my receiver as I did in the LR?
Thanks in advance for any help.
chugger

:welcome to Satelliteguys chugger!

If your dish has two cable connections, you can use one for the lr and one for the br. You can't use a splitter in this type of setup. Is there a model number on the lnb?

:welcome to Satelliteguys chugger!

If your dish has two cable connections, you can use one for the lr and one for the br. You can't use a splitter in this type of setup. Is there a model number on the lnb?
I looked on the outside of the satellite and found nothing. Took the cover off and I found a lot of numbers non said they were a model number but I will list them and maybe you will know it if you see it. KN1BN020025, 60.SF2D1.011, SF2:F09XA5002725J01, SW64Ready, GM-1518, 0316110804160056, WHIPEAL32357, 2410608. The unit is called a WineGard Carryout (auto portable sat. antenna) I did notice that on the front of the sat. where I connect my coax that goes to the outside LR connection there is another connection with a protective cap right beside it. Is this where I might connect the coax to the BR connection on the outside? Then just connect my 2nd receiver up in the BR? Thanks again for your help. Sorry I couldn't find something that said model Number.

Is one port labeled main and the other sec? If so, just connect the second receiver to the port labeled sec and you should be good to go. Let us know if that works.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)