Satellite Motor gearbox and chain drive for azimuth.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

john_robot

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
I found a pic of a satellite mount which can drive full Clarke belt ( azimuth ). Do you guys have any idea what kind gearbox and chain drive they are using for this. I want to build this kind of mount for myself. Should be able to control via Titanium ASC1.

Sorry seems like something happened. I have attached it here again.

d.jpg

Looks like a 2 axis control system to me. Elevation is controlled by the standard actuator and azimuth is controlled by the drive you have circled in red.

yeah right its a 2 axis mount. What kind of equipment's needed to built a such a mount? I know I need a 36 V 36" Inch Linear Actuator for the elevation . But not sure about azimuth .

Should be able to use two 36" actuators and hinge the elevation and the az axis points..

The poor man two axis mount is a modified polar mount. Substitute the elevation bolt for a 12-18" actuator.

To control the two actuators, use two DiSEqC 1.2 controllers programmed to respond to the same receiver issued DiSEqC 1.2 "GoTo" command.

An alternative is to modify a polar mount with a sprocket attached by a chain to a DC motor to allow full rotation horizon to horizon.

The ASC1 is a single axis controller, but as I suggested in the last post, two controllers can be synced to a single DiSEqC 1.2 command. A few guys use an ASC1 for polarity / AZ and a cheapo G or V box for elevation.

Tnx. I thought that ASC1 is a dual axis. Anyway I already have a RC2000 that I bought very cheap. Is there any specific type of DC motor that can track the movement with Pulse Sensor?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ID this dish.

8ft C band dish with CK1S combo LNB not getting KU

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)