KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
On this upcoming episode we will be joined by Trip from RabbitEars, to talk everything OTA. Call in to chat at with us 1-800-SAT-GUYS.
This week we will also be live on Satellite G19 97W on Access America.
97W
12115 V 22424
Audio PID 4135

You can tune in at radio.satelliteguys.us or Blog Talk Radio or via Satellite at the info above. :)

Reactions: Trip and T134
Don't forget tonight at 8PM EDT 5PM PDT.
347-327-9319 or 1-800-SAT-GUYS to call in and chat with us.

I understand that. ;)

Not sure I can listen in or call. Could you ask him to give us an update on ATSC 3 ideas, specifically MPEG-4, 265, UHD (4K/8K), expanded color space (2020), 3D, currently permitted expanded uses of subchannels (will we see advanced features in subs before official adoption), COFDM vs 8VSB, whatever happened to the "extra features" allowed for in ATSC but never adopted in OTA practice (such as click on an actor and get actor info and outfit buying info via Internet connection or some such), how likely that current TVs or STBs can support OTA MPEG-4 broadcasts and a guesstimated timeline for adoption.

And oh yes: The meaning of life, please! ;)

Will the show be available for later listening?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I sure will, and ATSC 3 is already on the list, ;)

Topics currently on the list for this evening:

The Incentive Auction Report and Order
Recent updates to RabbitEars
Recent news about Sinclair's purchase of Allbritton
ATSC 3.0
Doctor Who on Retro TV (if it wasn't discussed last week; the press release went out Wednesday evening, and I didn't catch last week's show)

And anything else people would like to discuss. If you post it here before the show, I can be more prepared. :)

- Trip

Again, will there be a way of listening to the recorded show tomorrow if we can't be there tonight?

if scott will be on tonight i would ask on what date is when dish will be shuffing channels to make room for more HD and what channels will be coming in HD?

And he forgot his password to access the server.

This is why I tell everyone to connect to the server way before their show starts. All this stuff should be working before the show start, not scrambling to get it working after the show starts. If your show if not on when its supposed to be people tune out.

Next time its not working there will be no show so its important to get this working. I got to admit, I almost logged into Blogtalk tonight and clicked on End Show. This stuff needs to be working before the show. :)

Sorry guys but as someone who worked in broadcasting your timing and being ready for your show is a big thing to me.

Content is King. Wish I'd been able to listen live.

Ya never install a dektec card and then try to stream with winamp.

The normal computer i use to stream was the one i installed the dektec card in and it wiped out the drivers. So what i ended up having to do is stream from laptop using a program called BUTT. I hate this streaming with winamp. Ralf said to skip all that stuff and just stream from icecast direct to icecast server. (So 2 icecasts) I got one installed http://192.208.116.114:8000 and will have one at office install today. This should fix all the issues final we will find out this friday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)