Lifetime Supporter
Apr 24, 2008
Please join us tonight.

Last edited:
Call in numbers are...

877-SATGUYS

Or

(347) 327-9319

We are going to discuss a little controversy tonight, our FTA lovers might want to tune in to this one. :D

Interesting show so far!

For the flopping issue with your C-Band dish Scott, I believe the issue might be the collar bracket holding your actuator not correctly positioned.
In order to test if it's set correctly, move your dish to the lowest viewable satellite for your location (i.e. 139W if you have clear line of sight)
At this position, the actuator arm should be almost fully retracted. However, I suspect that your arm is still extended a few inches at this position so that's why you are having a hard time going higher than 72W.

To fix this issue, you simply have to loosen the collar bracket and slide the collar bracket in a way so that the arm is almost fully retracted in order to receive your lowest viewable satellite. This will allow your dish to move more using the same actuator stroke length and should allow you to hit up to 55.5W assuming your actuator does not have any hardware issues. Only thing though is that you will have to reset all your satellites again unless you have a shift function on your positionner to resynchronize all your positions.

If you post a picture of your actuator focusing on the collar bracket position, we should be able to tell you if it's correctly set or not.

PwrSurge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts