Satellite Radio Superstore - Bad Business Practice

catchmohl

Aug 31, 2004
On Friday I ordered one of the last XM PCR units available from Satellite Radio Superstore. I spoke with them (via email) prior to ordering and successfully placed the order and received an order confirmation. Late Monday afternoon I received a message from them stating the unit is no longer in stock and my order has been cancelled.

Based on the six emails that went between us on Friday, the unit was in stock when I ordered it. Clearly after Fridays XM PCR frenzy, today they realized these units were now worth a lot more (as is evidenced by the current eBay auctions which were not there on Friday) and they decided to cancel the unshipped orders from customers who legitimately ordered them so they could make extra $$$.

This is a pretty lousy way to do business. Now that they are not available anywhere, I’m left without an XM PCR, unless of course I just so happened to have the $300 to pick one up on eBay.
Anyone willing to sell one at a somewhat reasonable price?

Eric

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
The XM PCR has come under controversy due to the software that accompanied it. That's why it's no longer available.

Do yourself and get Sirius is very funny!! You would get lucky both times! :D

sblasl

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 14, 2003
West Creek, CO
I have an XMPCR with Toslink running into my Mac 2.0 GHZ G5. I have a pair of Edirol MA-20D's, these are 24 bit Digital Monitors connected via Toslink to my Mac. The sound quality is fantastic, not to mention the programming available.

We picked up one of the JVC Sirius PnP's for my Wife's Audi TT at a ridiculous low price awhile back. The price of the unit was the driving factor for subscribing to Sirius. I have an Alpine CDA-9835 in my car with XM as well as the XMPCR. I prefer the XM programming & selection over Sirius.

I guess if I needed the money I could sell the XMPCR for a ridiculous amount of money right about now, especially since it has the Toslink connection.

Sorry you had problems trying to get on of these units.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts