Satellite signal lost on some channels but not on others

My receiver is a Dish hopper3 with sling.
I live in Riverside California
No snow or ice but we have had some pretty thick clouds from rains but now the sun is out.
Not sure what you mean when you ask which channels. attached is the error message I received when I try to change channels to one that isn’t working. where do I find the sat numbers and signal strength?
Where do I find the diagnostic menu?

Attachments

• IMG_9073.jpeg
    IMG_9073.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: charlesrshell
You can get to the diagnostic menu by pressing Home 3 times on your 54 remote. A question for you, are you able to tune to channel 2, your local CBS station? That channel is on the same satellite and transponder as your ABC station on channel 7.

The dish pulls in multiple satellites. So it's possible for it to be out of alignment but just barely still pulling in one of the two satellites, causing some channels to work and some not. It may be working now, but chances are you have a bad mount or possibly trees in the way and the wind is causing it to come in and out. I'd setup a tech appointment to come fix it.

You can also press home three times then go down one to status then over to send status. Check connection then test signal. If you are on 119/110 satellites you want to be high 50s to low 70s depending on location and if on the 72.7/61.5 then you want to be 50-60.
Once you are under 30 you start having issues.

I get an error message that satellite signal has been lost but it is fine on some of the other channels.

I have reset the hopper a couple times but it still does the same thing.

Most likely Dish is out of alignment a little , which can cause you to lose channels from one or both of the satellites it's pointed at. Could be something as simple as bushes, tree branches, etc blocking the lnb partially or could be that either the Dish itself or the mount it's on needs adjusted or repointed. Even though you say the channels came back, if it's any of the above issues, then the same problem will reoccur. I would contact customer service to have a tech come diagnose, just to be positive.