Satellite T.V. Question?

pcwilliams

Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Miami
Hello,

I am doing some research on Satellite T.V. and I have a question.

Why do people want or like Satellite T.V.?
or
Why do you want or like Satellite T.V.?

The answers you all give will help me out with my research.
A short answer will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
pcwilliams

Last edited:
Better picture than cable, more channels for the dollar than cable. Where I live in rual nebraska we have violent storms that knock trees and wires down all the time. With cable you may have to wait a week or more for the cable companies to get the downed cables back up and going but with satellite you just wait until the storm clears and you are watching tv.

Outages with satellite TV occur only with storms, and are brief. Cable outages can last from hours to days at a time. Also, satellite TV has many more high definition channels available than cable.

i had dish network and cable for locals. then we had a hurricane.

as soon as i got the generator connected we were watching dish. 2 weeks later we had cable again.

no contest.

More High Definition and sports channels than CATV. Also, a lot of ethnic channels on Satellite TV that are not available through cable tv.

More package option, especially with sports for Direct and movies for Dish. More programming in HD within those packages.

The biggest plus for me is the fact that I can take satellite with me, unlike cable. When I go to our townhouse in Mammoth, I bring my receiver up and hook it up to the dish I already have installed. Or for those who travel in an RV, they can take their satellite with them as well.

Satellite distribution for MDUs?

DTV4PC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts