SatelliteGuys Live Recap - Dish Retailer Chat 2/4/09

So much for the storm this week or this month. What a big let down. I getting tired of this. :mad:

Charlie Brown missed the football and kicked Snoopy across the field. He won't be dancing for a while.

Which is complete BS. They started the TurboHD packages, which were the same as the old HD Only package, but more expensive. Now they are raising them again again.

Did they add ANYTHING to the Turbo HD packages between inception and last weekend? I'm sure there was one or two, but I can't think of them. They've basically raised prices TWICE without adding much of anything. (OK, they actually added a lot before the first increase.)

I just feel like a wife in the rural south who won't leave her wife-beater husband, because the only other man in town beats me even more. Until I get out of this town, I'll stay with Charlie and tell everyone I ran into a door.

(I can't wait to tell him I'm moving to another state and having an affair with FIOS!)

LOL! That hilarious, even more so because it rings true.

Charlie Brown missed the football and kicked Snoopy across the field. He won't be dancing for a while.

:)

snoopy-mod.jpg

Some small part of me understands why Dish doesn't want to bother adding HD channels that show little or no HD (MTV, etc.) even though that doesn't help the HD only folks.

That being said, what the H*LL is the holdup with the rest of the channels?? F/X, ESPN U, SPEED...

As long as I'm complaining let me get something else off of my chest. I hope Dish is ready for the huge influx of HD games coming to the HD RSN's this spring. By the looks of it a huge majority of MLB games will be in HD and I can tell you right now that Dish's part time RSN, TP shuffling bullsh*t isn't going to cut it. Dish better dedicate the proper amount of TP space for all of the HD RSN games BEFORE the MLB season starts and they better start preparing for that NOW.

If the 211 is going to support TB hard drives then what about the 622/722 ? Are they going to support them as well?

I just dont understand what they're doing.....if the sat is running and the contracts are signed, you'd figure they'd take steps to make the customer happy. I dont get it.

Some small part of me understands why Dish doesn't want to bother adding HD channels that show little or no HD (MTV, etc.) even though that doesn't help the HD only folks.

That being said, what the H*LL is the holdup with the rest of the channels?? F/X, ESPN U, SPEED...

You've got it backwards, the ones that show little to no HD are the only ones they're committed to.

Just not right now. Later. Dare I say...no, I shant.

Not happy. :(

I CAN NOT believe they justify raising my price $10 a month by adding news channels. I mean COME ON...who gets their news over the TV nowadays anyway. I get mine immediate via the internet as MOST of the world does today.

I CAN NOT believe they justify raising my price $10 a month by adding news channels. I mean COME ON...who gets their news over the TV nowadays anyway. I get mine immediate via the internet as MOST of the world does today.

I misread your post the first time. I thought you said you were pissed because they gave you new channels... My apologies for thinking you were crazy for a second...

Aren't Fox News/Fox Business comedy channels?

This is all pretty disappointing. I've thought about switching before (it's always such a hassle) but I think it might be time to look at a different provider. Dish has a lot of channels that I don't watch and they lack a bunch that I would watch if they had them. So I guess that means it's time to consider a switch.

As a DISH Network retailer I'm very disapointed with most of the new HD channels
thats coming this spring. Nickelodeon in HD, BET in HD are you kidding? wheres Speed , FX ? Maybe they are pulling our crank. Last time I saw a list it did not have Fox, and Fox Business on it. THis week they launched those two channels.

This is pathetic.... Dish announces the launch of 50+ markets for local HD and people can do nothing but bitch and complain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts