Satelliteguys Uplink Report Activity Discussion for the week ending 10/20/07

Watched the history channel last night. They were using a LOT of stretch-o-vision. I hadn't noticed that from the History Channel before.

I've been really POd by that but someone (don't know whether it was on these boards or another site) said that you don't just record something in HD and then broadcast it. It has to be "processed" somehow.

I don't know if that's correct or not but if it is, then that would explain all this garbage being shown on A&EHD and HistoryHD (e.g. IRT in black-bar-crap-o-vision). It just may be that this network doesn't have the money or the facilities to turn, say, the IRT footage, shot by their own admission with HD cams, into an HD broadcast.

Of course if I got all that wrong, or the post I'm referring to was in error, then....nevermind.

=NLK=

Yeah nothing there of interest, but Bob I thought we did these on Wednesday and not Monday, as Wednesday is when they normally have changes? :confused:

Yeah nothing there of interest, but Bob I thought we did these on Wednesday and not Monday, as Wednesday is when they normally have changes? :confused:
Wednesday is the normal day.... Rarely if ever is anything of interest done on Mondays except shut down free previews and so on.

Seems like someone jumped the gun.... Hehe, digi wouldn't have posted this downlink info, now would he ? :D

Well we will see what happens its still to early to say.

What E* needs to do (if Charlie cares about the company, that is) is what D* did all the time they were showing the same 6 or 7 pitiful HD channels: tout what's COMING. You know, "in the months to come we'll be launching X state-of-the-art satellites giving E* sufficient bandwidth not only to offer all the HD stations but to do it with ONE (or two) small dishes". E* needs to give its customers SOMETHING to hang onto, some perceived edge.

Now will that keep subs from switching to D*? Who knows? For me, as I've said before, I'll give E* a month or two to show good faith, then see. I WILL say that one problem with D* (again, for me) is that humongous 5-LNB dish. Even if I could get the thing mounted, if one stiff wind comes along and nudges it even slightly out of alignment then I've likely got BIG problems. So if E* can give me all the HD with my current two-dish or even a one-dish setup they will have a big edge. Don't know if that's enough to keep others waiting but what does E* have to lose?

=NLK=

Wednesday is the normal day.... Rarely if ever is anything of interest done on Mondays except shut down free previews and so on.

Seems like someone jumped the gun.... Hehe, digi wouldn't have posted this downlink info, now would he ? :D

There is no need to get nasty Hall. I asked the question because I thought it was early, that's all.

Which is why I think you really meant to say you will be -REPLACING- Digi.. not "filling" in for a "break".

Unless you know something that I don't know, Filing in for a break would be the correct term and Replacing would very be the in incorrect term. :)

Seems like someone jumped the gun.... Hehe, digi wouldn't have posted this down link info, now would he ? :D

There was activity, So I reported it. Remember, that the people who do this volunteer to do it. Just because one person may do it better than the other doesn't mean that the other isn't qualified and cant do the job the same. :)

Geez guys, Digi isn't even at home. I believe he is in Florida for a bit. Cut both of them some slack, please.

I appreciate that Bob and Digi provide this service.

My post simply was to whether or not the timing of Monday's report would capture the full week's data. I am HOPEFUL (but not expecting) much more interesting news on Wednesday.

The last sentence.... the one with the 'big-ass-grin' icon ? Don't make assumptions.

You might have put the grin in there, but it was still a snide remark. And uncalled for.

How is it different from calling someone an a$$hole, and then attaching a grin at the end to say, just kidding, but not really?

I think we are all on edge because Charlie won't give us a hd nudge. Damn Charlie. Now you are causing all of these arguements because we are hd starved!!!!:D

I think we are all on edge because Charlie won't give us a hd nudge. Damn Charlie. Now you are causing all of these arguements because we are hd starved!!!!:D

Actually, I find it all somewhat amusing. However, I am stuck in a hotel with 15 whole channels of analog cable. My receivers are in a trailer, waiting for a new rental house to open up :( Puts a whole different perspective on it all.

Actually, I find it all somewhat amusing. However, I am stuck in a hotel with 15 whole channels of analog cable. My receivers are in a trailer, waiting for a new rental house to open up :( Puts a whole different perspective on it all.

a whole 15 channels? On a 24" CRT I bet. :)

Echostar hiring installers in Tulsa, OK

622 Issues finally getting to me!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)