Satelliteguys Uplink Report Activity Discussion for the week ending 10/20/07

I hope there is either a positive uplink tomorrow or at least some news about Dish's short term HD plans. It would go a long ways towards reducing tensions.

If the sale to AT&T is really going to happen soon it seems unlikely that Dish would announce long-term plans or strategy regarding programming. However, they could announce what channels(or how many HD channels) could potentially be added before the next satellite launch.

The current silence and inaction by E* management gives the impression that the company is not well directed or focused.
I wonder if that is the impression that the E* execs intend to convey to the potential new owners?

The current silence and inaction by E* management gives the impression that the company is not well directed or focused.
I wonder if that is the impression that the E* execs intend to convey to the potential new owners?

Why would they want to do that? I would think that they'd want the company to be as attractive as possible to a potential new owner, especially so that they can get the best price possible. Also, I would imagine that most of E*'s upper management will stay in place with new owners; I doubt they'd purposely want to do anything that would cost them their jobs. Generally, new ownership does not come in and fire a successful management staff.

dish rhas oen rmo imrptona thign to do than your hd

They ahev to decide o woduel eb emxzico ally mvs mutlviosn and grupo epgaso=apolo dth are fithting tos e whou woudle ahve dish enwtrok lciense for emxico

whoa an hd
give mroe nhlnetwork and rmeo spros in sd tht shoule eb rpriority

Translation:

Dish has one more important things do than your hd

They have to decide o would be mexican ally .... are fightiing to show who would have Dish Network licencse for Mexico. Who an HD, give more NHL Network and more sports in SD, that should be the priority.

Note: I think that R Aransay has a disability and using an alternate method of keyboard input. That is why a lot of his letters get out of order. But they are usually comprehend able thanks to the way our brains work.

He does have a disability, that's why I don't make fun of him. True, it's hard to understand him but you can just skip his message if you have a hard time reading it.

BTW, Happy Birthday RAransay!

All aboard the sinking ship that is E*!
Would you please stop ? Dish had more HD than DirecTV for years and no was spelling their demise then. People like you need to jump back and forth between providers just because one week one is better but the following week, a different one is better.

Dish will do just fine, believe it or not. They could go a whole year without adding a single HD channel and contrary to what you might think, they'll still be around and growing.

Would you please stop ? Dish had more HD than DirecTV for years and no was spelling their demise then. People like you need to jump back and forth between providers just because one week one is better but the following week, a different one is better.

Dish will do just fine, believe it or not. They could go a whole year without adding a single HD channel and contrary to what you might think, they'll still be around and growing.

Amen!! :up:up

Man I hate this feeling, its so hard to write this but I agree with hall

Someday soon the ATT channel will spring to life with some sort of announcement of an Dish/ATT agreement coupled with a bunch of new HD channels to celebrate the union and a vision of the future centered on the new sats and all the great things this means for subs.

So glad I found my happy pills!

Echostar hiring installers in Tulsa, OK

622 Issues finally getting to me!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)