SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 01/19/2008

I found a comment from someone on the Oklahoma HD message board that may shed some light. This guy runs a small cable system in Western Oklahoma.

ggore said:
NBC/Universal requires that USA-HD, SciFi-HD, CNBC-HD and Bravo-HD all be added at the SAME time to a cable system. Individual channels may not be added to a system’s lineup and certain carriage location/tier requirements must be met as well. All this may be what is holding things up with Cox.

HDTV In Oklahoma » WWE in HD, but not on Cox

this just dosent look good anymore, I realize we have to wait to get more HD, BUT they have been testing 61.5 for spotbeams for a while, and now there is no movement there, They announced they would add locals (some for the second time) in HD soon, and yet no time frame or movement there....Ever heard of a carrot on a string?

It is clear now that E* wont be adding any new HD channels until they have more birds up in space. So i wont be expecting anything new form E* regarding HD until then.

this just dosent look good anymore, I realize we have to wait to get more HD, BUT they have been testing 61.5 for spotbeams for a while, and now there is no movement there, They announced they would add locals (some for the second time) in HD soon, and yet no time frame or movement there....Ever heard of a carrot on a string?

I don't believe they are really testing the spotbeams themselves yet. Although I have heard one report of signal from a TP that is not active on 61.5 but it will take a few reports before I'm a true believer.

Anyone picking up 61.5 TP's 1 or 3?

I should have corrected that and said, we see the beginning of the testing, but now it seems to have cooled, they need to be aggressive in their plans as Other companies are, and pulling further away...especially now.

9130(67) - WNGS [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 29 Spotbeam 09 (Not Available)

Don't tell me they are gonna add another local channel in the buffalo area, even though it would be sd.

That is interesting. I looked back, and Direct didn't do this. They added Bravo, USA, and SciFi on 10/3, and CNBC a week later.

I think CNBC hd was not ready to go live with the others. I think. I could be mistaken on that.

9130(67) - WNGS [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 29 Spotbeam 09 (Not Available)

Don't tell me they are gonna add another local channel in the buffalo area, even though it would be sd.

Nothing wrong with RTN. Excellent programming there. We watch RTN quite a bit off of G10R.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts