OTHER SatHawk PVR200HD HDTV FTA Receiver with PVR function

henryjmc2004

Original poster
Jan 12, 2012
usa
did anyone else buy this box from sadoun? and is their any firmware updates as mine will not scan in the pbs on 125w or the rtv's on 83w or 87w it locks on the transponder but just hangs there.

That receiver is a generic off the shelf receiver, sold under many names.
There is a couple of threads around here about it somewhere, not using that name(sathawk).

Wasn't that an OEM based on an "Openbox S9" Ali chipset? I recall a thread where an owner successfully installed "S9" firmware.

Probably best to directly contact Sadoun for status of an official firmware release. Let us know if you find out any information.

Wasn't that an OEM based on an "Openbox S9" Ali chipset? I recall a thread where an owner successfully installed "S9" firmware.

Probably best to directly contact Sadoun for status of an official firmware release. Let us know if you find out any information.
I have called them and he said no official firmware that he knows. I also have a pvr800 solemend that I bought from them a few years back and was happy with it until it got hit by power surge.so I called them to get the geosat 3500 an he talked me out of it say it wasn't fully ready and suggest I get the sathawk 200 instead.this has been almost a year ago when I bought it. titanium how do I find that thread?

also I was looking to still buy the geosat 3500 on amazon is it running good for just fta viewing as I don't do ip or recording just watch tv an want all the free channels I can get. thanks all for the replys much gratified

I am finding many Google references to the chipsets used for the PVR100 and PVR800, but nothing for the PVR200. The Sadoun website is not showing any specs for this model.

If you can find out the chipset used for the PVR200, likely will be able to load another firmware version from another brand. Most of Sadoun's receivers have been ALI chipsets with standard OEM hardware builds. Pretty easy to recover these SOC units if you save a back-up of the current firmware, have a TTL/USB converter cable and PC editor software.

If Jamal is unable to provide an update or chipset information, Putty the Serial port during boot and the hardware or build info should be displayed robe able to be queried.

What was his input/suggestion on the 125w / 83w scanning lock-up?

Reactions: . Raine
he said send it back he give me new receiver as it came with 1 year warranty but could not say if that was the problem or not. it has done this sense I have had it and I can exit out of it just by hitting the exit button on the remote so I just lived without them thinking there would be a firmware update sometime in future with no luck. like you I cant find anything on that model been checking forever. the box does run well no reboots never gets turn off only when power goes out good picture and get the majority of every thing else lacking a few channels my old receiver got those channels

also I was looking to still buy the geosat 3500 on amazon is it running good for just fta viewing as I don't do ip or recording just watch tv an want all the free channels I can get. thanks all for the replys much gratified
At this time I recommend against the Geosatpro 3500. There's threads on this site that are my reason.
I will recommend the Linkbox 9000 HD (FTA tuner) or the Linkbox 9000 Local which has dual tuners, FTA and ATSC (over the air) tuner.
http://hypermegasat.com/ has them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)