Say good bye (Or maybe HELLO) to EBRU

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So retro tv and revn launch on 97west and ebru pulls off. Dont think viewership is the reason then since if it was viewership rtv and revn wouldnt launch. Just that sat is too expensive when easier and cheaper tech like roku exists. Trying to move people to that instead. Yep its the future. Rural communities and the poor who cant afford pay internet or tv are the ones that suffer. These are the same people many of these channels target. Thats the big conflict I see here.

Reactions: Cham and fred555
http://www.broadbandmap.gov/speed

Lots of gaps in broadband coverage in the US. I dont think many realize this until you see it visually. Knowing coverage of stream usable bandwidth in my state, even this map looks a little overstated.

I'll be puzzled why Ebru gets pulled if Samanyolu stays put. They're both owned by the same media group, and you'd think out of the two channels, Ebru has the higher viewership on FTA.
OK, today I noticed a message in Turkish on Samanyolu TV saying it was leaving FTA. So the whole network is leaving FTA.

By the way, I re-emphasized via Facebook message how I have enjoyed their programming and will miss having them on FTA.

Remember, according to Ebru, today is IT. Been watching it ALL day. Ill miss you.... Lets cross our fingers..

I found Sea Patrol DVDs on Amazon, but they are Region 4. Time to invest in a multi-region DVD player.

seapatrol2.jpg

At the very least, you might find a firmware update for your DVD burner that makes it region 0. I've used mine for a few non-North American DVD's.

My current VHS/DVD combo does not even have a remote or a menu system!!!
I'm going to check a few units out on Amazon now.

Holy smokes, multi-region units are not cheap on Amazon
I am going to look further into the link that Cosmo provided and figure out a cheaper option.

There are some cheap ones on eBay but I don't know how good they are.

I brought back my DVD player from Mexico. Multiregional DVD players are commonly sold in electronic and department stores there. I think it is because Mexico is in a different DVD region than the U.S. but obviously DVDs from both the U.S. and Mexico are common. So, the average consumer needs a player for both formats. :)

BTW Mexico is region 4, same as Australia, like those Sea Patrol DVDS.
And you´re right the most common dvd players available in Mexico are multiregion.
I have a DVD recorder, and it also plays all DVD regions.

There are some cheap ones on eBay but I don't know how good they are.

I bought one on eBay years ago. It was just a 'standard' Phillips DVD player, but the Ebay seller provided instructions on how to hack it for all regions. The hack worked fine!

This might be the seller. Same city not sure it's same guy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Philips-DVP...?pt=DVD_Players_Recorders&hash=item3a9c2585c2

EDIT: Found it on Amazon. Described as true multi region. Guess no hack required.

(URL will not post)

Reactions: fred555
I bought one on eBay years ago. It was just a 'standard' Phillips DVD player, but the Ebay seller provided instructions on how to hack it for all regions. The hack worked fine!

This might be the seller. Same city not sure it's same guy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Philips-DVP...?pt=DVD_Players_Recorders&hash=item3a9c2585c2

EDIT: Found it on Amazon. Described as true multi region. Guess no hack required.

(URL will not post)

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts