SC 8PSK changeover

Jumbo Dumbo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 20, 2005
Shaw Broadcast Services is doing the changeovers on the fly starting at 1:00 pm edt so the cable companies techs can be at their headends.

Apparently some 505s are showing the 8PSK channels on the wrong channels. To correct do a soft reset (Hold power button on receiver down for 5 to 10 seconds). This will flush the channel maps and download a complete new map in 10 to 15 minutes.

Last scheduled transponder changeover is Sept 20.

Shaw Broadcast Services is doing the changeovers on the fly starting at 1:00 pm edt so the cable companies techs can be at their headends.

Apparently some 505s are showing the 8PSK channels on the wrong channels. To correct do a soft reset (Hold power button on receiver down for 5 to 10 seconds). This will flush the channel maps and download a complete new map in 10 to 15 minutes.

Last scheduled transponder changeover is Sept 20.

My 505 wouldn't pick up either of the two 8PSK channels I receive (SRC & WGN) when I checked about 6:15PM. Did a reset and checked back about 6:45 and have been coming in since -- with, however, significantly lower Ebno values (+4.9) than I get on other channels.

This is on a 505 w/ quad LNB (75e).

For some reason I can't get WGN to come back even doing the power re-sets. Guess I'll give it another shot in the AM..I wonder if it has anything to do with WGN being in a temporary spot...of course others are getting it...

My 505 showed WGN at correct location immediately without reset. ECBN will probably go up after the transponder is balanced correctly.

I think I know why I missed WGN, my dish was out of alignment when WGN was moved to it's temporary spot and I think the STB missed getting the re-map info. It will probably come in with the next update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts