SC through a diseq

Status
Please reply by conversation.

schlever

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Regina, SK
I have a previously subbed SC box for the few channels ITC. I have it slaved through my Ultra, and it works only when I have the Ultra off and the diseq un-hooked outside. Is there anyway I can have it work without unhooking the diseq or running a seperate cable run?

since it is slaved you would have to have the Fortec on the same polarity as the couple free channels. As soon as you turn off the Fortec then the SC box has to control it but since there is a diseqc involved the SC box can't figure that out (SC uses 22k switching to get on 111.1)

most of the "good" itc channels on SC are V polarity so try that first. Put the Fortec on a v polarity and then see if the SC box works.

since it is slaved you would have to have the Fortec on the same polarity as the couple free channels. As soon as you turn off the Fortec then the SC box has to control it but since there is a diseqc involved the SC box can't figure that out (SC uses 22k switching to get on 111.1)

most of the "good" itc channels on SC are V polarity so try that first. Put the Fortec on a v polarity and then see if the SC box works.

Thanks Ice, will try it when I get home.

Edit - as usual Ice your suggestion worked like a charm ;)

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

central american possibilities

Newbie advice needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)