Scam Question

ya and anyways, it looks like they are actually sent through yahoo and hotmail, so all the addresses just point back to them.

The way I understood the scam to work, is that the check IS real, only the check is from some poor sucker who is just trying to buy something that doesn't exist.

For example, africa dude lists a fancy milling machine on Ebay and tells the buyer to send the money to HDTV dude as if HDTV dude is the seller of the milling machine. That way, the check gets cashed by the innocent HDTV guy and the resulting money is sent to africa dude. The person who wrote the check is the guy who gets burned.

I once sold a desktop CNC milling machine on Ebay in the neighborhood of $3300 and the buyer sent a money order! I was amazed at how easy it would have been for me to just burn the guy. Of course a huge paper trail would be left behind, but for a junkie who just needs to get high that would be the least of his worries.

--Dan

Why would you even ask the question whether this is a scam! You've got to be kidding! You're a sitting duck if you can't smell that one a mile away.

I smelled something, but at first glance didn't know where the smell was coming from. I think the original poster was probably in the same situation, its obvious something is up but it isn't immediately obvious as to how the seller can get burned-because he never ships without having cash in hand. Clever.

--Dan

HAHA yeah only countries where hdtv works is in canada and united states i bet the guy is not even in africa the shipper will probably take it and ship it to the guy which really is in the states you could report this incident to the fcc and nail this sucker here is the site to file a complaint: https://www.ifccfbi.gov/cf1.asp

weagle said:
HAHA yeah only countries where hdtv works is in canada and united states

Hmm I guess that place called Japan doesn't count as a country in your books?

Heres how it works....

The check is a fake, and the way it works is that you deposite it in your account and by law the bank has to make the funds available to you within 3-5 business days.

So you check your bank account, see the funds are now available, and therefore go to western union to send this bozo funds out of your account.

About a week later the bank finds out the check was bad and therefore removes the funds from your account leaving a negative ballance for the amount of money you sent this guy in Africa,

They never will come and pick up the Tv, that was just a way to get you to send them the western union money gram :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)