Sci-Fi HD...when can we watch?

Enough of my off topic stuff. This thread is supposed to be about SciFi channel in HD. I hope that gets here soon, and is real HD, not stretch-o-vision!

I don't care. Anything is better than the you-tube quality compress-o-vision we have now on the SD feed. Once it's on Dish, it's only a matter of time before more and more HD content is released on it.

So, is this actually going to happen, or are they just yanking our chains?

Ted

Read Scott's previous post.

Just an update... Got word from a friend that there may be a technical problem with SCI-FI HD and USA HD which may prevent them from going online...

If they don't go up ...(Friday).... then I wouldn't expect them until ...(next)... Wednesday, but they are coming. :)

And remember, they did not make ANY announcement about this. We just happened to have an uplink report which found the channels listed.

A while back, in August of 2006 they had Food HD uplinked for several weeks before going live; and they had INHD uplinked, and NEVER went live.

I can wait a few more days. Heck, once I get this, all of my requests for HD will have been met except for some more premium movie channels. :) (Ok, my kid would disagree, as he would like Nickelodeon). ;)

And remember, they did not make ANY announcement about this. We just happened to have an uplink report which found the channels listed.

A while back, in August of 2006 they had Food HD uplinked for several weeks before going live; and they had INHD uplinked, and NEVER went live.

I can wait a few more days. Heck, once I get this, all of my requests for HD will have been met except for some more premium movie channels. :) (Ok, my kid would disagree, as he would like Nickelodeon). ;)

Absolutely. Inside information is valuable but sometimes inaccurate, and sometimes random things happen. We'll just have to wait until...well...who knows, to see if these two show up.

Again, as you say, E* never said anything, just uplinked the channels.

=NLK=

Well, I created a DishPass for "Tin Man" and specified HD Preference, just in case...

It would have been nice to watch the "Monk" Christmas episode in HD, but we made do with Zoom-o-Vision. Same with SGA last night. "Flash Gordon" I'm not so worried about.

So, will it be fulll 1080i, or HDLite? (evil grin)

Scott, earlier this year you made a comment (couldn't find it, man you post a lot:D) on an HDLite thread that said "we would all be very happy come about April/May of 2008" but didn't/wouldn't elaborate. Do you remember that and are we still on track? Is there anything you can tell us now?

Brad

I would think not since the launch site pad has had a backed up schedule due to a rocket explosion. This has effected both DISH and DIRECTV . I would think that we might see the new mpeg 4 service by this time next year because of it. OF course this is barring any buyouts/mergers.

Will Star Trek Enterprise be in HD on SciFi? I have only been watching on HDNet, but it would be awesome to have it on both. Of course, HDNet is commercial free.

Will Star Trek Enterprise be in HD on SciFi? I have only been watching on HDNet, but it would be awesome to have it on both. Of course, HDNet is commercial free.

Bingo. I would just watch it there. I'm still annoyed that SciFi couldn't pick up Enterprise before it was canceled. I think Cuban would have if he could. Rumors were circling that he was going to try and pick up The Black Donellys if the first season DVD sales went well.

I don't think SciFi tried hard enough to pick up Enterprise. I think it would've done well, but likely Berman & Co. wanted too much $ for it.

yeah i agree, i think it would have done very well on Scifi...they could have gone more in depth with the "trekkie" stuff

I don't think SciFi tried hard enough to pick up Enterprise. I think it would've done well, but likely Berman & Co. wanted too much $ for it.

Assuming they wanted the standard amount for something like that (no guarantee), simply making Enterprise would have been extremely expensive. And Sci-Fi was already in the middle of making season 2 (I think) of BSG. There probably wasnt enough money to do both. If this is so, Sci-Fi made a very good business decision to say the least. Spend alot of money on your own very popular and critically acclaimed show, or spend alot of money picking up someone elses failed show: Not much of a choice unfortunately because when Star Trek is well made its very good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)