Sci-Fi HD...when can we watch?

Meanwhile back at Dish Headquarters...

"Hey don't forget you have the chat tonite."

Oh crap, I forgot and now its too late to put something together! Why are we still doing this? The guys from 5 Guys, they don't visit every store anymore. Why do I need to "chat" with a few subs who accidently tuned in and of course all those nuts on the sat forums. God, if they keep calling I'm gonna shoot myself. Ok, what did we talk about last time? Ah, here's that printout from last time. We'll just use that.

Hey is a vendor still in the house? We need a guest on the show. He's still here? What a pinhead... yeah ok, tell him to hang around and we'll throw him in front of the camera before he knows what's going on.

What's the word on that channel with the aliens on it? No, not BorderHD, that was a joke for using subs to monitor the border. Yeah, SciFi-HD. What? What email? I never saw it. Yeah, well she never saw it and then never forwarded it to me. What did it say? They never got our last reply? I bet their d@mn spam filter is still not letting our messages through. Yeah I know they claimed our filter was the problem but they're wrong. I don't know why a nickel a sub isn't good enough. I'll go as high as 8 cents but that's it. I never watch that channel. Besides, don't they just repeat those shows on Uni-HD anyways? How many times can they watch this stuff?

Ok, look, let's just run the last chat again and put all the call-in lines on hold. Nobody will know the difference. Yeah, just show a repeat. In fact, let's start repeating all of them and tell people they're getting a new Voom channel. Yeah, that is funny and you know what? We can use that in court and get them off our backs about their channels. Good thinking.

I'll be glad when this Internet fad goes away. Those chat forums are nothing but trouble. Tv used to be so easy.

Ok, yeah, have a good one. I'm outa here!

I'm getting tired of this. It's like Lucy telling Charlie Brown she will let him kick the football and then whoooosh....skunked again by Dish. Gonna check on DirecTV & Verizon Fiber Optics today.

God I wish I had the Verizon Fiber Optics option. Big cities seem to be last on their list:eek:
Would be nice to have the option, but from people I have talked to, after the novelty of getting "fiber" wears off, it is no better or even worse than the sat companies

Dish will be the leader again in the industry "soon"
Dish will have more HD channels "soon"
Dish will have more satellite capacity "soon"
This thread will end "soon"

I can't believe this thread has been looked over 100K times. Surely, Dish knows we would these channels. Dish can make it happen.

I can't believe this thread has been looked over 100K times. Surely, Dish knows we would these channels. Dish can make it happen.

This is the worst possible position for Dish customers to be in.

The content providers know that we want those channels BAD so they won't budge on their price per sub or the packaging requirements. Charlie doesn't want to pay their price or submit to their packaging requirements so he counter-offers and waits to see how long they can hold out. They could be collecting easy money right now but want more money and don't see the need to come down in price because they think we can press Dish into making a deal. They don't know Dish very well do they!

There's no way Dish is holding back channels they are paying for. Need to see some proof for that claim.

I agree that no one (including, of course, myself) has presented anything in support of their arguments that could even remotely be construed as "proof". However, I COULD speculate that Charlie is waiting to see if the launch goes off successfully. He might be waiting to launch the channels when he's sure he'll have the extra capacity down the road and won't need those transponders as emergency replacements. Or the transponders he wants to use for the channels might depend on whether he's got the new satellite up.

Again, pure speculation. Also, I am in no way an apologist for Charlie. As I've said many times, I'm out of commitment and if I could mount the D* dish I'd have already been out of here. But almost certainly there is a reason for what Charlie's doing; we just don't know what it is.

I'm getting tired of this. It's like Lucy telling Charlie Brown she will let him kick the football and then whoooosh....skunked again by Dish.

Yes, because some of us hope one day he will say screw the football and kick Lucy into next week.

I agree that no one (including, of course, myself) has presented anything in support of their arguments that could even remotely be construed as "proof". However, I COULD speculate that Charlie is waiting to see if the launch goes off successfully. He might be waiting to launch the channels when he's sure he'll have the extra capacity down the road and won't need those transponders as emergency replacements. Or the transponders he wants to use for the channels might depend on whether he's got the new satellite up.

Again, pure speculation. Also, I am in no way an apologist for Charlie. As I've said many times, I'm out of commitment and if I could mount the D* dish I'd have already been out of here. But almost certainly there is a reason for what Charlie's doing; we just don't know what it is.
Couldn't he use the HD PPV channels as backups in case they need emergency transponders? And the TEST channel?

I agree that your speculation makes sense and I'm glad you label it as speculation. When someone makes a claim that something is a fact, there really does need to be some links to documentation to back that up.

My favorite day of the week is FRIDAY.

Might be yours too if your a fan of SCI-FI or USA. ;)

Just some buzz I am hearing. :D

OK, I'm sorry, I saw the post looking back and noticed that Scott posted this on the 5th. December 5th:eek: I'm not in to giving E* guys a bunch of grief, but after seeing Juan's latest Poll , I just couldn't help but get a chuckle out of it. The good news is, BSG may just be the end all of target dates for Charlie. I think that if he turned it on by then everyone would relax and the world would be a better place. If not, and I was an E* guy that wanted the Sci Fi Channel, I would surely be pissed off and would let him know with my wallet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)