Scott's Team Summit Photo Dump

TG2- I have a RAID EHD running on my primary ViP722 now. eSATA not required. Looks like they plan on sticking with USB 2 instead of moving to USB 3, though.

There's obviously no place to install the current OTA module. I suspect it has been omitted.

A serious shortcoming in my mind.

I agree. It will make it most unlikely that I will get one. I suppose I could get one and keep a ViP722, but that rather defeats the purpose of having a XiP813 in the first place.

I guess Dish figures "everybody" is or shortly will, receive locals via Dish. But OTA is better, and there are far more channels and subchannels around here than Dish offers.

I'm hoping they have some solution for having ota. Maybe they can make an adjustment after hearing all the complaints. I myself would be upset.

TG2- I have a RAID EHD running on my primary ViP722 now. eSATA not required. Looks like they plan on sticking with USB 2 instead of moving to USB 3, though.
cool! ... though from reading and chatting with folks supposedly having 2TB or more, and having a double wide USB drive were problematic... still would prefer over eSata than USB ... simplifies the data path since nearly any sata port can be made esata with the right connector. (my last two motherboards came with esata adapters, simply plug one end of a ribbon cable into a sata port on the mainboard, screw the connector on the back of the case, and poof eSata)

I agree. It will make it most unlikely that I will get one. I suppose I could get one and keep a ViP722, but that rather defeats the purpose of having a XiP813 in the first place.
I guess Dish figures "everybody" is or shortly will, receive locals via Dish. But OTA is better, and there are far more channels and subchannels around here than Dish offers.
I'm counting on dish working with this much like having two ethernet ports.. why not daisy chain an OTA 3 tuner device, network it in with the dish stuff... so that you can have the 110's getting a feed from an 813 Dish Receiver DVR .... or signal from an OTA DVR through the same 110 coax network feed ... I'm sure dish realizes they are horrible when it comes to OTA HD channels in every local market.. I was in the waiting room of my auto dealer waiting for my car.. started playing with OTA there.. I knew what DTV OTA had the capability of.. but had never really *seen* the stuff with my own eyes.. locally (washington dc) I'd *LOVE* to be able to tune one off and get weather any time ... much better than the weather channel as its local fed ... and realize it would be prohibitive of Dish to send us a copy of ALL our local ATSC HD offerings.. I'd have to hold out hope that dish really isn't so utterly blind to what people are giving up if they can't get OTA through this new system. but of course I do still have to deal with dish's past history of rolling out technology and not getting it right (922's out for more than a year and only 2 months ago get the TV2 output option?)

Actually the 922 started as a true dual tuner when it was in beta testing. The reason they made it for one tv is because they wanted to leave the second tuner for the sling. I'm glad they decided to make it dual tv solution again. If a customer wants to use sling they can figure out that side two will be in use.

Well I already knew that. I was hoping to hear a release date for the extender but we still don't know if/when they will release it.
It is very close to release. No word on price yet.

DISH know people REALLY want this thing. You should have heard everyone asking about it while I was here.

I asked a guy at the booth an he knew nothing about it. He was there for the 813. I told him I was curious on the release date. He said "it isn't out yet?"

scott or scherrman, what about current customers for blockbuster for this ? Ira also announced the two new programs for new DISH Customers which is effecive May 18th, those being new customers get 3 months free of Blockbuster service. In addition new customer can get a free Sling Adapter when they sign up as well.......thanks scott or scherrman appreciate all you did and help

Holy crap wolf, that's only the 20th time you've asked that. Don't ya think they would have given you an answer if they had one?

Give it a break!

It would be nice if we didn't have three different threads going with the same questions and answers, or maybe an answer that is only in one thread.

Maybe just one Team Summit thread?

I agree. I'm thinking when Scott gets back home he'll get these threads organized. It works for now.

its confusing with all these threads :) ty sherrman for your help :) sorry for you having to post again i apologize on me asking again :)

It is very close to release. No word on price yet.

DISH know people REALLY want this thing. You should have heard everyone asking about it while I was here.

Well it is only a year late for release. It was supposed to be released last summer. This was the main reason I wanted the 922 . I thought it would work so well with the sling extender for tv 2 in hd. Turns out the 922 was a bomb to me and I quickly traded it in for a 722k. Now they say the extender will work with the 722k and a sling adapter. I've had the sling adapter hooked up to my 722k since Christmas when I got one and I'm STILL WAITING! People should be asking about the release date & LOUDLY!

Why don't they just come out with a basic receiver with one tuner by default without a hard drive like the 211 that will allow you to add as many tuners and hard drives as you want to give people the functionality that they want? The 813 comes close to this by allowing you to add the OTA tuners through the usb ports along with EHD's. This would keep Dish Network's hardware costs down and allow them to stick with one receiver type. If they need to make a change in software or hardware then they only have one receiver to deal with.

Why don't they just come out with a basic receiver with one tuner by default without a hard drive like the 211 that will allow you to add as many tuners and hard drives as you want to give people the functionality that they want? The 813 comes close to this by allowing you to add the OTA tuners through the usb ports along with EHD's. This would keep Dish Network's hardware costs down and allow them to stick with one receiver type. If they need to make a change in software or hardware then they only have one receiver to deal with.

Ai yi yi! What do you expect from these guys? That would just make too much sense. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)