SD and HD version of WWE would cost me $90!!!!

Here is how it typically works. if you call, it will be opened up on all receivers in the house. There is a extra charge for ordering it that way though.

If you order it on one receiver, then order it on another receiver on the same account, both receivers will call DISH to reported, but you will be billed for only once.

I've done such numerous times with PPV events.

It could be different for WWE event, but I doubt it and have seen no proof.. a chat log by someone likely in india means nothing.

I wouldn't be surprised though if you order the event in HD, you can't get the SD version. This because of the way Dish's system works for tracking fees to program providers. HD and SD on different channels, so a hit to open one channel isn't necessarily gonna open the other one.

The above has been exactly my long and numerable experiences with PPV movies. It would be nice if Dish could include both SD and HD versions of the far more expensive PPV Events. This would be a great Charlie Chat question.

:hungry:

At some point, it would probably be cost effective to stop making SD receivers altogether, and just sell everyone the same thing, but do the downconverting on the receivers themselves.

I know it costs more bandwidth to have an HD stream of something than an SD stream, but it costs even more to have both! :D

Of course, they'd rather not tell us this and *wink wink nudge nudge* push us towards the more expensive tiers as they start eliminating channels from the cheaper ones so we pay to upgrade.

I have asked Dish about this, and am told that people who ordered the HD feed from the website should have got the SD channels at no extra cost.

Obviously this does not appear to be the case so they are investigating it. I am waiting to hear back from them on this one.