Sd blocky

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dahauss

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 31, 2006
I had my directv hr24 DVr replaced because it overheated..... I'm running a 55" led LCD hd 3d tv. With the old hr24 DVr, the Sd channels looked good. With the new one, the Sd channels are blocky and you can really see it on text and graphics .. does anyone notice this? Any way to improve watching sd channels? as I said, the old DVr didn't look as bad.... Any input would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I had my directv hr24 DVr replaced because it overheated..... I'm running a 55" led LCD hd 3d tv. With the old hr24 DVr, the Sd channels looked good. With the new one, the Sd channels are blocky and you can really see it on text and graphics .. does anyone notice this? Any way to improve watching sd channels? as I said, the old DVr didn't look as bad.... Any input would be appreciated.

are they both the same model recvrs ?

You actually watch SD TV still ?

are they both the same model recvrs ?

You actually watch SD TV still ?

Yes same model. the sd channels I watch are because there us no hd channel.....

Yes same model. the sd channels I watch are because there us no hd channel.....

I would make sure your using the SAME input on your TV, some TV's are calibrated individually.
Also, go thru your settings on the two recvrs and make sure they are the same all the way thru.

Both HR24's and my HR22 look like crap and blocky on SD channels. I've tried using the smoothly option the the tvs and all.

Best way to put it is you have a corvette (tv) and you're using cheap low octane gas (SD)

SD on a 55in TV? Of course it is blocky. It must have been the same with your old DVR, maybe you just don't remember it as well as you think. And the SD quality will vary (a lot) channel by channel...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Potential New Customer...

DirecTV's annoying stance on replacements for HDMI issues...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)