Status
Please reply by conversation.

riz-la

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Wilmington N.C.
Hi
I was looking on the Internet texts of the use Seavey ESR 124H in the hobby, but unfortunately I have not found a lot of experience.
Do any of you used Seavey ESR 124H or not used and want to sell?

My wish is to test Seavey ESR 124H feed horn in Ku and C band and compared with Chaparral corotor.

Hi
I was looking on the Internet texts of the use Seavey ESR 124H in the hobby, but unfortunately I have not found a lot of experience.
Do any of you used Seavey ESR 124H or not used and want to sell?

My wish is to test Seavey ESR 124H feed horn in Ku and C band and compared with Chaparral corotor.

I use the ESR-124D which is the orthomode version. I don't like to use polarity motors up north where I live because of possible freeze-up issues.

I have found that this feed I use does a better job in keeping cross-polarity noise lower that a conventional co-rotor feed which results in a cleaner signal. Simply put, it helps to lock weaker and closely spaced transponders without as much interference.

They are pricey, so I would recommend a bulls eye orthomode feed by Chaparral if on a strict budget.

Reactions: riz-la
Last year I bought on ebay Chaparral Bullseye and results with him in the Ku band are fantastic and especially for weak signals as to the Intelsat 903 34,5w Canalsatellite Caraibes :D . I took Bullseye to Europe and there have 10ft MZT and a lot of weak signals :).
In North Carolina with Chaparral corotor and Perfect 10 7.5ft receive weak signals in the Ku-band but not as good as the bullseye.
Seavey ESR 124H has a similar Ku throat as Bullseye so I think it would work well in Ku band .

Reactions: jkara
Last year I bought on ebay Chaparral Bullseye and results with him in the Ku band are fantastic and especially for weak signals as to the Intelsat 903 34,5w Canalsatellite Caraibes :D . I took Bullseye to Europe and there have 10ft MZT and a lot of weak signals :).
In North Carolina with Chaparral corotor and Perfect 10 7.5ft receive weak signals in the Ku-band but not as good as the bullseye.
Seavey ESR 124H has a similar Ku throat as Bullseye so I think it would work well in Ku band .

The 124D does Ku very well on my 8' Channel Master prime focus dish. On C band, it does better than I originally thought. It can receive all the narrow TPs on G-16 also

I scan satellites with TBS 5925 with EBS Pro. I just scanned G16 in C band and has found 29 frequencies. The weakest signal is: 3934 Hor 1563 7/8 7.6db . Narrowest was found is : 3744 Hor 741 3/4 11.9db .

Reactions: jkara
My Bullseye and add home made dielectric :)

IMG_20140707_173137.jpg

0609141750a.jpg

0609141658.jpg

The weakest signal on Intelsat 903 with Bullseye

screenshot.jpg

In Croatia on MZT STA300/04
IMAG0020.jpg

Later, I took off the polarizer and put a universal C120 LNB. I added a 9 cm Ku-band throat and got little more of the signal
IMAG0635.jpg

Reactions: Titanium
I want you to show my reception of Ku band at 78 w Simon Bolivar with Chaparral corotor . Signal reception is different day and night, after 6 PM signal is stronger and possible receive 11320 Hor. 42356

TVO.jpg

PDVSA.jpg

CATATUMBO.jpg

Can see those also but the 11320 H is $ last time I looked.
What I can't capture is the Canal Satellite Cairbe this far north on 903 with an 8'.
Nice feed mod on your mesh dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts