Second reciever problem channel not coming in.

djjsin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 8, 2004
I just got a second voom reciever installed at my house, and i'm having a strange issue. I'm in Los Angeles, and for some reason on the second reciever only, I do not get channel 4 which is our local NBC. On my first setup, i get channel 4 without problems. I spoke with the installer about it, and he said that there is some problem with the new boxes, and that it will be eventually fixed though upgrades. replacing the box wouldn't fix it, he's done it before. He actually seemed knowledgable about the voom stuff, said its the only thing he installs anymore, also said that he went through a 2 week voom class thing to get his certification on installing it. I was suprised. He showed me a work around to watch channel 4 which was going to the installer menu, then choosing open 3, which i believe is aim off air antenna, and typing in rf 34, pressing ok, and after the signal bar comes in, hitting the watch button. Channel 4 then comes in, but it really sucks not to be able to just switch to channel 4 like i am doing on my other reciever. Anyone know how to fix this?

On the voom installer menu, what software does it show?? Also I know this sounds simple, but have you checked to make sure the local channel was not hidden, by placing a checkmark, in the local channel menu? Just a thought. more concerned about which software it is operating.

its running v7.37

and ya i know its not hidden. Its coming up in the program guide, when i scan through the channels, I get channel 4, I just never get a signal on it. And sometimes, say if i'm watching channel 2, and change to channel 4, the picture comes in but its the picture for channel 2. But if i go through the steps described above, channel 4 then comes in. Its wierd. I dont' understand why one does this and the other doesn't, only on this one channel, even though they both are running the same software (my other unit is 7.37 also)

How is the antenna connected to the new reciever?? diplexer... straight run...

damn that shocks me that no one else has this problem. the installer made it sound like everyone in los angeles has this problem. He mentioned it to me before i had it, and i mentioned that it worked fine for me, and he thought that was wierd. Then i got it with the second reciever.

I had a similar issue but the software update fixed it.

I'd do that RF34 thing then go re-do your channel scan if the reciever is already 737. I had the problem becuse the installer did the local channel scan before the reciever pulled the update.

I had to go re-do the channel scan on each reciever after the update to get my locals working right. Strangly I think it was NBC giving me problems too.

Shawn

interesting, i'm going to re do it right now.

not sure if this was updated to 7.37 or if it came with that built on. lets see what happens.

you rock, that was it. The boxes must not have come with 7.37, then the installer did a scan, and then the box was upgraded to 7.37

i rescaned the local channels, and now channel 4 comes in without issues.

Thanks!