Selfie

Bodo Fenrirsson

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Grovetown,GA
If there is already a thread for this show,please merge this one with it. Hulu already has the pilot online & Dr. Who's Karen Gillen is so funny so far. Best line of the show so far,,when she is asked what makes her feel confused,her answer,"Plus sized skinny jeans. Like...why?",is so hilarious. I mean,that sounds like a legitimate response to me,who would disagree?

I read some reviews of this show & I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thought that this was like a modern remake of "My Fair Lady," although the fact that Gillen's character is named Eliza should have clued me in that this was indeed the premise.

Always liked the girl who played Amy Pond,but I think this new vehicle she 's in looks like a vapid waste of time. I saw her in a special about the Dr. Who companions , and she is now shaved with a number one guard all over her head. So if she is on this show I imagine her hair is a wig.

Always liked the girl who played Amy Pond,but I think this new vehicle she 's in looks like a vapid waste of time. I saw her in a special about the Dr. Who companions , and she is now shaved with a number one guard all over her head. So if she is on this show I imagine her hair is a wig.

She shaved her head for her role in Guardians of the Galaxy, It is a wig made from her own hair. The same one she wore in Matt Smiths final Doctor Who episode

Well she is intentionally acting vapid & shallow in this new show. I'll give it a shot,at least on Hulu.

She shaved her head for her role in Guardians of the Galaxy, It is a wig made from her own hair. The same one she wore in Matt Smiths final Doctor Who episode
Well at least it's her hair ,even if it is a wig. I watched the Guardians of the Galaxy and I don't remember seeing her . What role did she play?

Well at least it's her hair ,even if it is a wig. I watched the Guardians of the Galaxy and I don't remember seeing her . What role did she play?

Nebula

guardians-galaxy-nebula-karen-gillan.jpg

So would I be correct in saying that the consensus is that we all like Karen Gillen,just not all of us agree that this is the right show for her to be in?

Yes to Karen, as to the show, I haven't watched the pilot as it really didn't sound interesting to begin with.
Well if you have Hulu & some free time to take a gander,you might think differently. At least maybe watch the trailer first & then decide if you want to move on to the pilot.

Well if you have Hulu & some free time to take a gander,you might think differently. At least maybe watch the trailer first & then decide if you want to move on to the pilot.

I watched the trailer, gave up Hulu for a while. I may catch the pilot on abc.com next week. moving my Dad into his new house tomorrow thru weekend, so probably wont have time for anything other than aspirin and ice pack

[SERIES][SERIESWRAP1][EPISODENAME]Selfie[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2014-09-30[/RELEASE]

Creator: [SERIESAUTH]Emily Kapnek[/SERIESAUTH]

Cast: [ACTOR]Karen Gillan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Cho[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]David Harewood[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Allyn Rachel[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Da'Vine Joy Randolph[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tim Peper[/ACTOR]

Overview: [PLOT]After being the subject of an embarrassing viral video, a self-involved 20-something enlists the help of a marketing expert to revamp her image in the real world.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP1][TVPOSTER1]
xMOU5MS48H7f1d5k7Q25M4yOuQ7.jpg
[/TVPOSTER1][/SERIES]

[EPISODE][SHOWTITLE]Selfie[/SHOWTITLE]
[EPISODEPOSTER]
hiGxGTcXtrd7vW4WNLqhwenonfF.jpg
[/EPISODEPOSTER][EPISODEDATA][EPISODENAME]Pilot[/EPISODENAME]
Season: [SEASON]1[/SEASON]
Episode: [EPISODENUM]1[/EPISODENUM]
Air Date: [EPISODEDATE]2014-09-30[/EPISODEDATE]

[/EPISODEDATA][EPISODEVIEW][EPISODEDES]Inspired by My Fair Lady, "Selfie" tells the story of a self-obsessed twentysomething woman who is more concerned with “likes” than being liked. After suffering a very public and humiliating breakup, she becomes the subject of a viral video and suddenly has more social media “followers” than she ever imagined — but for all the wrong reasons. She enlists the help of a marketing expert at her company to help repair her tarnished image.[/EPISODEDES][/EPISODEVIEW][/EPISODE]

I barely made it through the first half, then realized I was starting to like it a bit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts