Selling remotes

BigJoeNeb

Original poster
Dec 11, 2013
Nebraska
I have a plethora of dish remotes that are taking up space. Would like to get rid of them but feel as if its a waste to throw them away. Suggestions?

There is a classified section here, but only Pub members can sell items there.

Keep a pair and a spare,donate the rest.Goodwill,salvation army,habitat for humanity restore,etc.

Best advice. They're a nickel a dozen on eBay.
I sold a NIB remote for decent money (~$15 ??) a while back. It was for a 722k (and others). Our current remote was acting up, so I got a replacement from Dish, but then the original went back to normal !! So, I held on to the replacement, knowing I'd probably need it one day.... I never did though (plus we got a Hopper/Joey system).

Funny thing is, the total price with shipping (I charge what UPS charges me - and no handling charge, no extra for my time, box, packaging, etc) was more than he/she could have bought it directly from Dish....

When saving old remotes for future use when necessary, it would be a very good idea to remove the batteries. Seems that they tend to die when just sitting on a shelf somewhere.

I just went through and replaced the batteries on the remotes that I'm currently using except for the Hopper/Joeys as they nicely tell me when the battery is going low.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)