service is gone :(

I can confirm that (as someone who only has (former) SA* DBS, Free PI Pack, and Penny Cinemax) I'm still getting Angel Two & KTV in their new (200 range) channel numbers.

The programming on Angel Two, BTW, seems to have really gone down hill. They are now showing what appears to be a bunch of low budget shows available on a barter basis (free to SA*) and movies so old they are in the public domain (free to SA*). They could not get any other Christian content?
Seems to me, if no other programming is available, why not use Angel Two (when not showing special events) to showcase the best of SA* IPTV Faith package programmers?

Also, Angel One seems to be showing many more infomercials these days.

Just to clarify for future reference it seems that all or most of the posts under the old SA DBS forum were moved this morning to the SA IPTV forum. Or maybe they just changed the name on the header? Either way, that's why some things might not quite make sense to future IPTV subs who never knew a thing about the DBS service which died 3/31/2008.

Now that issue with Angel2 programming is perfectly understandable to me. CTN in Clearwater, FL was the bulk of it's programming and it is now on Direct TV. But Dish or Dominion (not really sure what's, what with the 3 old SA channels) has to air something in the meantime to keep the channel in place and frankly these programs are virtually no cost options. I myself don't know who's doing what in regards to Angel2 but I can render a fairly logical guess that it won't remain like that indefinitely. Otherwise why bother calling it Angel2? As for Angel1, is it airing the same content on IPTV?

Now 1 good thing about SA going dark. I found a good light music format on the "Your SA Service is DEAD - call Dish" message channels. I kinda like that music! :D

Just to clarify for future reference it seems that all or most of the posts under the old SA DBS forum were moved this morning to the SA IPTV forum. Or maybe they just changed the name on the header? Either way, that's why some things might not quite make sense to future IPTV subs who never knew a thing about the DBS service which died 3/31/2008.
Scott just changed the header...nothing else changed

well that was quick

Dish already took down all the SA channels that they had, moved the names to Transponder 14 (off 25 & 32) and have 30+ slates about "Sky Angel ceased operations 3/31".

They changed the 2 TP's over to HD capable transponders. So if you still have a box set up, any SA channel that died 2 days ago will be on TP 14 if you check (menu 6-1-1)

Why would they move the names to TP 14? why not just remove them?

They're leaving them in the guide so former subscribers can see the message to call Dish for an upgrade.

They moved them all to the same transponder so they can use one copy of the slate instead of several, to save bandwidth.

They removed the audio-only channels because, nothing to see there.

yep. Its one slate and a mirror on each channel. I scanned them in with the FTA receiver. The channels are scrambled but when I hit info I get the "Sky Angel has ceased blah blah"...same PIDS across all channels

They'll remove them probably in a couple weeks. Its not hurting Dish by having them up there. Its just one slate that doesn't take alot of bandwidth

what to do with the sky angel setup? and credit

Plan on getting glorystar. Can the skyangel dish be reaimed? still has 3abn. Think other PI can be added at this time?
Also we had $60 credit with skyangel who said we could only use it for a service or program. Would not send a refund check. Apparently, Dish has now taken over its accounts. Dish says they will send a check for $60

Like I said in the other thread (and I think others have also commented) when I switched to the Essentials Service those placeholders vanished. They are totally gone from my guide.

The only thing showing in the 9700s is 3ABN. Not even Angel1, Angel2, or KTV (which still are in the 200s though).

So yea, it's just Dish trying to get you to subscribe. And the number on the screens is apparently a transition rep.

Like I said in the other thread (and I think others have also commented) when I switched to the Essentials Service those placeholders vanished. They are totally gone from my guide.

sounds about right. Unless you are (were) a SA sub, the 9700 channels (sans 9710) go bye bye

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts