Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
LOS ANGELES, Nov. 3 /PRNewswire/ -- The following is being issued by "Save Sirius":
A group of incensed shareholders, over 500 strong and growing, have banned together and accused SIRIUS XM management of unjustly enriching themselves at the expense of shareholders.

A derivative suit on behalf of shareholders has been filed in the United States District Court, Central District of California, Southern Division. Case number SACV08-00790CJC

The case accuses management of violations of the FEDERAL RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS ACT (RICO), BREACH OF THE FIDUCIARY DUTY AND THE SHERMAN ACT.

This suit seeks to prevent management from further damaging its shareholders with massive amounts of additional dilution (8 billion shares in the fully diluted float) and as much as a 1 for 50 reverse stock split.
"We are working to gain control of our company by seeking to remove current members of the board as well as top executive Mel Karmazin," said Michael Hartleib on behalf of Save Sirius and its members. In a September 15th 2008 Wall Street Journal article written by Sarah McBride, she states, "Given Sirius XM's low stock price, Mr. Karmazin said he would love to take the company private. But given the state of the credit markets, 'How do you find [the money] today?' If the company were generating positive cash flow, which he expects it to do for the full year in 2009, privatization would become much more feasible, he says."
It is clear that management under Mr. Karmazin's leadership has an agenda to steal this company from its shareholders.
Given Management's history of: -- Locking their shareholders into the longest merger delay in history; -- Preventing the Corporation from seeking alternatives or potential suitors; -- Failing to commercially introduce interoperable radios; -- Their insistence on going forward with the merger at any and all costs; -- Consummating the merger issuing 300 million shares to the financiers of XM's debt to be sold short on the open marketMr. Karmazin and the board have severely damaged shareholder value in violation of their fiduciary duties. Shareholders have lost over 90% of their value under Mr. Karmazin's leadership.

"In light of the aforementioned, it is clear that they have lost sight of their obligations to shareholders and have breached and will continue to breach their fiduciary duties in the future. We, as a group, will not stand for this and will use any means possible to prevent and preclude them from stealing this company from its rightful owners -- we the shareholders," said Michael Hartleib, on behalf of Save Sirius and its members.

Dear Scott,

I have lost my life savings (over $52,000) to SIRI, having been a shareholder since 2005. My son told me of your letter toady, so I signed up to satelliteguys.us so that I might make my voice heard. I wrote Mr. Karmazin last week, imploring him to not dilute the shares any further or to go ahead with any reverse split. We are being plundered!!! Sincerely, Burt Marks burt.marks@gmail.com

Sirius stock down to 31 cents a share now. :mad:

Fortunately I only wasted $90 on Sirius stock a year and a half ago.

If they do and there's no more service, there's gonna be alot of pissed off people.

Dear Scott,

I have lost my life savings (over $52,000) to SIRI, having been a shareholder since 2005. My son told me of your letter toady, so I signed up to satelliteguys.us so that I might make my voice heard. I wrote Mr. Karmazin last week, imploring him to not dilute the shares any further or to go ahead with any reverse split. We are being plundered!!! Sincerely, Burt Marks burt.marks@gmail.com

See if you can be added to the suit. I believe part of the suit asks for triple damages. Hopefully someone will go to jail. But don't be surprised if the company doesn't attempt to file for bankruptcy.

Well, so much for my thoughts about buying a small number of shares as a gamble.

Off to the lottery.

;)

I hope the company does go bankrup. Why? Because XM use to be great but Sirius had to buy them and ruin what was once a good company.

Now that's a real smart attitude. We can't have our XM so let's hope Sirius goes bankrupt so we have nothing at all. :(

They won't let it go bankrupt.... They may do a reverse 1:100 split, which is more likely so they can issue more shares to erase the debt bombs they have coming next year when the balloon payments are due....

I lost about $4000.... it's worth about $200 now... It should eventually come back once the debt crisis is resolved.

Do theses guys have a website, As a shareholder Im intrested in seeing what their site says or where they are with the suite. Im thinking about purchasing more stock but at the moment i'm reluctant too.

You've got 22 million subscribers, the auto industry tanking, the retail aftermarket radios going nowhere (Best Buy just removed the whole display in my town), the FCC burned through a $1 billion while they diddled away on the merger for three times the standard amount of time (to the NAB from the FCC, "we couldn't kill it, but we left it severely weakened, is that good enough?")... All this and they STILL added subscribers.... They may lose a few (I just left Sirius after the Best of Sirius added to my XM account gave me most of what I wanted), but it still a sizable user base now..... Once they get to the other side of this debt crisis, they should be fine..... With 3 month LIBOR rates falling back to normal historical levels, it should be doable.....

I haven't forgotten it, but with LIBOR rates coming back down to normal levels, I am workign under the assumption that they will be able to work out terms onto their books similar to what they had before these balloon payments came due.....

I've got a 4% Home Equity Line of Credit Rate right now..... The prime rate is lower than it was the last time they negotiated these debt payments..... As long as credit markets are unfrozen, it should be doable to make it happen without having to destroy shareholder equity completely (more than the 90% it has already done.....)

Hmmmmm, indeed. I bought my Mercury Milan just under six months ago and I recently received the "Subscribe now and save!" letter in the mail from Sirius. I don't think I'm going to throw any money their way until they clear this mess up. Besides, SYNC pulls music from my iPod and RAZR just fine, thank you very much, and good old analog radio continues to deliver programming for free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)