Should I Install D*tv Dish for more FTA?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dobs

Original poster
Nov 24, 2006
Henniker, NH
OK, so last weekend, I sucessfully installed my FTA equipment and it's working great. Before I bought the setup from Sadoun, I had purchased a 3 LNB oval dish for d*tv thinking I could subscribe at home, and set up a new dish at the cabin... bringing a receiver with me every time I went there. Found out after the fact that I can't get d*tv at home due to obstructions. So plan B... FTA at the cabin and I love it....

Now that I have this new d*tv 3LNB dish hanging around doing nothing... it is of any use to hook it up to my MercII on 110/119 and what can I expect to get?

From reading here... there are some FTA music channels and maybe a NASA channel... anything else?

Thanks!!!

I would stay away from 110/119 seems like alot of work just to get NASA.

I copied this from the FAQ :)
Here is what you can get on 110/119

Showcase (tells you how to block adult channels)
DVR promo (a promo on club dish)
Adult Order Screen -how Dish subs order Adult Programming
Dish Home (this is the 6 channel screen)
Gol TV (Espanol & English track)

Angel One
NASA
Channel 101...this shows how to use the receiver and has the...um very educational Charlie Chats
Mono & CD audio (no Sirius though)
The "You have purchased" screen for things like wrestling and boxing

The 3 LNB (PhaseIII) has a switch built in so you can really only use it for one satellite spot (like 119)

if you are behind the dish, it would be the one on the right that you would aim at 119. Well worth it just for the audio (the CD audio that Dish has)

list of the channels (the light yellow stuff)
http://www.lyngsat.com/echo7.html

i have my old Fortec reciever in the workshop for the music. More better than a radio antenna in a metal building.

Thanks for the responses. I currently drag my subscription XM RoadyII to the cabin and forget to bring it with me more than half the time having to listen to more commercials than music. This sounds like a great fix. Now all I have to do is find a cheap 2nd receiver that I can dedicate to this purpose. Thanks again !!!

you can use the same receiver for the audio. Just get a Diseqc switch which allows you to put 4 dishes/LNB's on one reciever :)

only drawback is if you want to watch TV someone else cant listen to the music. We set up a simple box in the garage at the cabin for the audio too (on FM at the cabin we have 6 channels and 4 are country)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)