Should I wait to upgrade

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
Should I wait to upgrade my phone or get one now? I am thinking of waiting just because the new LTE/4G Verizon phone are coming in the next few months. I know the service won't be available here, but I go places that it will definitely be in before I would be eligible for another upgrade.

Hold off to find out if they are going to keep the unlimited data plans for 4G phones on 3G networks.... and see. I suspect you'll know the answer in a few weeks. I'd definitely wait for the new phones; love my Droid X, but a Droid X2 sounds even better (for 3G); and the Bionic looks great.

My next upgrade availability in in July, and I will be waiting for a dual-core 4.3" global phone (because we are going to Europe in the summer of 2012), plus since I've gone to the tablet, I have been less enamored with my smartphone, so the need for instant gratification has subsided a bit.

Id wait for now. I say that and I just got a new one a month or so ago, but at this point, with LTE rollout going on, and the sets coming, id wait.

I've been looking more and more at the Verizon proposed restrictions and costs on tethering and data usage. Starting to think a dumb phone and keep the data plan on the ipad makes more sense for me.

I am on Droid now, but may go back to an iPhone when the iPhone 5 comes out this summer.

While I love my Droid it is not as polished and I get jellious of all the apps that are out for the iPhone which are not available for the Droid.

I have had my Droid for about 6 months now and its starting to feel old already. Following the Droid is hard as it seems every week there is a new better droid being released. To make matters worse you have droids that can do some things and other droids cant, some droids can run software that others can't and whatever happened to Froyo? Will it ever work on my Evo or will I need to update my phone to get the small number of new features.

I thought the EVO already had FROYO

European Med cruise. Barcelona, Provence, Nice, Florence, Rome, Naples... and maybe a trip up to Paris at the end. Early June, two months before the Olympics.

Envy you! That is the trip we want to take when my wife retires. She is already counting the days. I'm still counting in years. :) Hope to hear all about your trip when you go. You might as well do a couple days in London too.

Envy you! That is the trip we want to take when my wife retires. She is already counting the days. I'm still counting in years. :) Hope to hear all about your trip when you go. You might as well do a couple days in London too.

It is a Pampered Chef incentive trip. Seven-night Royal Caribbean cruise out of Barcelona. Airfare and cruise paid for, all we have to do is pay for our son's ticket/cruise. AND that follow's this May's trip to Maui. :)

Hope its all business. My wife won a trip to GC a few years ago for being top in insurance sales and the following year I got a 1099 for the parts that were not considered business. I was not prepared for that hit. :(

Hope its all business. My wife won a trip to GC a few years ago for being top in insurance sales and the following year I got a 1099 for the parts that were not considered business. I was not prepared for that hit. :(

Nah, we get hit with tax, but I am used to it; and even with the tax liability, I could NEVER afford world class vacations like that, ever.

Hold off to find out if they are going to keep the unlimited data plans for 4G phones on 3G networks.... and see. I suspect you'll know the answer in a few weeks. I'd definitely wait for the new phones; love my Droid X, but a Droid X2 sounds even better (for 3G); and the Bionic looks great.

My next upgrade availability in in July, and I will be waiting for a dual-core 4.3" global phone (because we are going to Europe in the summer of 2012), plus since I've gone to the tablet, I have been less enamored with my smartphone, so the need for instant gratification has subsided a bit.
This is what i am waiting for!! If they let us keep unlimited data i am getting a 4g phone! If not i am getting dual core DX2 3g!

Mike- At least it won't catch you by surprise, like it did me.

Ramy- Unless you are desperately needing a new phone, I'd wait to see what the iphone5 has to offer. If no LTE on the 5, then definitely go with the Android that has it. We're only a couple months away from knowing. I think unlimited data vs pay as you use, what Verizon has today at $10 a Gb, won't affect you much unless you know you are using like 10 Gb a month, unlikely.

I am on Droid now, but may go back to an iPhone when the iPhone 5 comes out this summer.

While I love my Droid it is not as polished and I get jellious of all the apps that are out for the iPhone which are not available for the Droid.

I have had my Droid for about 6 months now and its starting to feel old already. Following the Droid is hard as it seems every week there is a new better droid being released. To make matters worse you have droids that can do some things and other droids cant, some droids can run software that others can't and whatever happened to Froyo? Will it ever work on my Evo or will I need to update my phone to get the small number of new features.

Verizon has't released a new Droid phone in months what are you talking about? i thought you have an EVO?

Murdoch's iPad-Ready The Daily Debuts: 5 Things to Know

AT&T after loss of iPhone exclusivity

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)