signal audio tone gone? 811

frodo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2004
Portland, Or
my 811 will not do the normal tone wen i am trying to point the dish. the audio is fine when i goto a channel and my 522 still does it. i looked in the menu but i dont see a option. is this just me? makes it a pain to try and aim the thing.

Ive seen this on all models of receivers from time to time, some tv's have a noise cutout feature similiar to the white noise cut out and its possible that the tv's are seeing the signal strength tone as white noise. Its a minor issue at best unless your trying to fiddle with your dish and dont have help.

Your right Van it's not that big of a deal but it is the receiver in my case. My audio runs through a 6.1 DD receiver that outputs whatever comes into it and it is silent on the dish point screen since the latest software updates.

I aimed my dish 300 to peak the signal from satellite 148 using my 811 this Saturday morning. The tone was present and worked just fine. I don't understand why some don't have the tone?

frodo said:
my 811 will not do the normal tone wen i am trying to point the dish. the audio is fine when i goto a channel and my 522 still does it. i looked in the menu but i dont see a option. is this just me? makes it a pain to try and aim the thing.

This has been with the 811 from the beginning. It only works when it wants to. My 508 hooked to the exact same A/V receiver and TV, has never had this problem. Yes it's minor problem, but the fix should be too. There is no excuse for Dish not fixing it.

NightRyder

The 921 "lost" the tone for a software release or two back in late 2004 (IIRC).

My 501 "lost" the tone for a while, too - way long time ago.

Just more E* incompetence. :(

I swear, they do less software testing before release than I do on every box on every install. :(

P.O.S. 811 Strikes Again!!

running cable thru a 522? Dont care about recording...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)