Signal Strength divergence

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rappy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 11, 2004
Sullivan, Maine
I checked signal strength on my receiver the other night and found that on the 101 satellite the odd numbered transponders had high signal strength and the even numbered transponders had low(30s) signal strength. Satellites 110 and 119 are not affected. Even with the problem, I get good reception on all channels, although I did lose Channel 207 overnight the other day. What could be causing the problem? Could it be a faulty LNB or possibly the multiswitch? I have an Eagle Aspen 5x8 multiswitch.

Usually when the even TPs get flakey the first thing to check is corrosion on cable connections or for loose connections. These can cause the 18v switching signal to be reduced so that the LNB doesn't switch from odd to even TPs.

Rappy,
Switch the feeds to the multiswitsh. If the problem moves the problem is the LNB port, the wire or a fitting on that line. If the problem does not move swap the leads FROM the multi switch. If the problem then moves or goes away it is the multiswitch port. use a good one. If the channels are still there after all this disregard the meter in the receiver and continue to observe picture quality. These things get worsw before they get better.

Any ice on the dish or trees in the line of sight?

Joe

Thanks for the info. I will check it out next week when it gets a little warmer here in Maine. The multiswitch is under the house in an enclosed crawl space. In the meantime I will check out my dish connections. Rappy

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts