Signal Strength

ChrisK114

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 17, 2005
Mount Pleasant,SC
okay I made the switch to Dish today from Directv for the Hopper 3. My signal strength on all sats is around 59. Is that low for Dish standards? That seems mighty low to me but just want to make sure before I call tech back. I am in South Carolina by the way and I got the new LNB.

okay I made the switch to Dish today from Directv for the Hopper 3. My signal strength on all sats is around 59. Is that low for Dish standards? That seems mighty low to me but just want to make sure before I call tech back. I am in South Carolina by the way and I got the new LNB.
59 is great for Eastern Arc, which you are no doubt on geographically. Give it no more thought, you're good! Dish and Direct use different signal measurement standards.

Reactions: ChrisK114
Ok so another question. How the heck do you stop watching a recording? I only see a pause button. What if you want to stop watching a recording and start watching it again later? I'm sure I am just missing something. Please tell me there is a way!

Ok so another question. How the heck do you stop watching a recording? I only see a pause button. What if you want to stop watching a recording and start watching it again later? I'm sure I am just missing something. Please tell me there is a way!
I usually just either enter the guide and pick a channel, or just press the "Live TV" button.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Also, you can press the "Stop" button (the square symbol) and a pop-up appears providing you options: Delete; DVR; Live TV

Sounds like he has a 52.0 remote. It doesn't have a physical stop button. What you do with it is press "Select", then an option for a "stop button" comes up for you to select.

I guess you can't stop or resume when you are watching a show while it is recording. I hope this is a bug that can be fixed. It's annoying!
I am also noticing a huge difference in HD picture quality. It is very noticeable. Are there plans to address this with the new satellite launch? I love the Hopper and the things you can do but if the picture quality doesn't improve, I will be gone in two years. I also can not get Netflix in 4K. All my settings are correct.

I guess you can't stop or resume when you are watching a show while it is recording. I hope this is a bug that can be fixed. It's annoying!
This is not a bug. It is the way it has been since 722 DVRs and probably sooner. DISH is the only DVRs that do this and I don't know why. I have sent DISH request in the past to fix this but no luck yet.

If you press the SELECT button, you will be prompted with a menu at the bottom of the screen. Scroll to the square and press the SELECT button again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)