Signing up for D, after 5 years with E, best way to sign up?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pfan1981

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
Green Bay, WI
Moving into an apartment with line of sight on 12/1. Signing up for DirectTv after 5 years of having DISH, but am wondering the best way to sign up. I am going with the Choice Extra, HD DVR in the living room, and HD receiver in our bedroom. We are going with the whole home DVR. What receivers are the best for this setup?

Should we sign up online or over the phone?

Thanks pfan

You will want a HR24/H24 if possible. I just signed up about 2 weeks ago through Costco's website and already received a $180 store card for signing up through them!!!I was able to maintain all other discounts as well.

We went the AAA route. It was a $200 additional discount over all the regular 1 year discounts. (They automatically discount $10 a month for 20 months.) You do it over the phone with a special phone number in the AAA magazine. We also went with Choice Ultimate because it included free HD for life when we signed up. (I think you also have to sign up for automatic billing via credit card to get the free HD.)

We have whole home DVR and had a H24 and HR24 on the order. Before installation D* called and upgraded us to 2 HR24s. If you have an internet connection and want the Cinema connection make sure it is included on your original order. It is free if you have it on your initial install; $75 if they have to come back. Despite telling the sales person on the phone that I had installed an internet connection at the TV location, she did not get me signed up for the cinema connection and they would not come back on their dime to install it.

Do your self a favor, IF your in an apartment, as you say, chances are it was wired for Cable TV, have you spoke with the landlord about being able to drill new holes in the walls ?
Where's the dish going to be mounted ?
Wall mount, roof or pole ?

Make sure there are no Splitters in the cable run if your going to use the existing cable.

I prefer to call in, vs over the internet, you can often get better/more deals when talking with someone.

You could also use a local installer if you have any in your area.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)