Silly install question if I hop over to Dish.

pomona

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 30, 2004
Will the installer remove the dtv dish and swap it out with the Dish dish - or should I remove it myself? Will the same cables be used to the house?

Have a whole house Genie HR 34 + 2nd DVR HR24 + HR24 Receiver. HR34 been acting sluggish, slow response, missed recordings and I'm ready for a new toy. Always have missed Dish's dvr technology since I switch 4 years ago.

Is the Hopper worth passing up $200 Visa card + $5 off per month? (retention offer- already getting $15 off now) Paying about $98 a month for choice + any pay per views. Any IMOs?

In my opinion, it is worth switch. But this is a personal preference thing. As far as the dish, technically the installer won't touch it. Ask him and he probably will take it down for you. Again, technically, they will use new cables, but if you want them to use existing cables, if rated high enough they can probably do that. All depends on the specific setup.

Are you happy with DirecTv or not? If you are happy, then the retention offer is hard to pass up.
I went from DirecTv to DISH because no offer of retention was made at the end of my first 4 years with them.
I moved to DISH and was excited about the Hopper, but I really think it was a lot of hype.
I broke contract with DISH when DirecTv made me an offer I could not refuse, and am
very happy with my Genie and mini's.

Also - my DISH installer did remove my DirecTv slimline but left the hardware that attached it to the roof.
When I went back to DirecTv the installer was able to put a new slimline in the same spot using the mounts
that were left on the roof.

Reactions: bigjohnok

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts