Silver Linings Playbook

dangue

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 29, 2007
SF Bay Area
Just got back from seeing this, an excellent movie all around. Not your typical big Hollywood studio production (in a good way). Great story, genuinely funny moments, quirky complex characters with great acting by De Niro, Bradley Cooper, and Jennifer Lawrence. Have I mentioned that Jennifer Lawrence is very easy on the eyes? Between her and Cooper, this is a great date movie. I'm not an Philadelphia Eagles fan, but I'd guess Eagles fans will enjoy this movie a little more than most because of how the team is woven through the story and e characters.

Jennifer Lawrence, besides being very easy on the eyes, is a genuine talent. If you haven't seen her in A Winter's Bone you should. She could be the next Meryl Streep in terms of a lengthy, high quality career. Too soon to tell of course, but she's only in her early 20s and already superb.

I quite enjoyed this movie, more than my wife. She couldn't look past the age difference to the story. I was surprised most by Bradley Cooper... I think this is the first time I've seen him truly do a good acting job.