Sinclair warns of 112 channels being dropped by DISH next Monday (8/16)

So you think that when and if Dish finally reaches an agreement Sinclair isn't going to go after Comcast (and others)? And if Comcast decides to cave and jumps your bill $10 or $15 a month (or more) you're ok with that? So your policy would be to always pay them what they want just to avoid a dispute? Seriously? Dish is trying to save you money and it annoys you. Good grief. :rolleyes:

No I didn’t say to just pay them what they want in order to avoid a dispute . Dish doesn’t have the sports channels I want and they won’t probably get them for awhile unless they come to an agreement. I didn’t say they wouldn’t go after Comcast and others either . Dish just seems to always be in a dispute and it’s annoying.

So you think that when and if Dish finally reaches an agreement Sinclair isn't going to go after Comcast (and others)? And if Comcast decides to cave and jumps your bill $10 or $15 a month (or more) you're ok with that? So your policy would be to always pay them what they want just to avoid a dispute? Seriously? Dish is trying to save you money and it annoys you. Good grief. :rolleyes:
You got to remember with Dish, the subscriber has the choice to go with locals or not. If the price gets up too high, you can drop them. You cannot do that with Direct TV. We have that option. The bill for locals will not go up that much as there is a limit on what people will pay for locals.

I wish Dish would go back to not charging a monthly fee for dvr and per box . That would save a customer $22 a month . If Dish did that , others would follow. I think at some point these companies are gonna have to start doing that and lowering the cost down for tv . Tv should not be $100 by itself . I’m considering cancelling dish for two reasons, the picture goes out as soon as dark clouds roll in. There can be no rain that’s started yet and it’ll still go out .

no Bally sports and I don’t see that happening anytime soon . Sure it’s not dish’s fault that Sinclair is Greedy but some I can’t watch my local teams on tv , it’s not worth keeping the service .

Reactions: Jim S.
I wish Dish would go back to not charging a monthly fee for dvr and per box . That would save a customer $22 a month . If Dish did that , others would follow. I think at some point these companies are gonna have to start doing that and lowering the cost down for tv.
Some companies already do that, Comcast, if you only use their apps, does not charge a DVR or box fee, Charter, no box fee if using the app, but it does have a DVR fee, $5-10 for how many hours you want.

Reactions: TheKrell
I wish Dish would go back to not charging a monthly fee for dvr and per box . That would save a customer $22 a month . If Dish did that , others would follow. I think at some point these companies are gonna have to start doing that and lowering the cost down for tv . Tv should not be $100 by itself . I’m considering cancelling dish for two reasons, the picture goes out as soon as dark clouds roll in. There can be no rain that’s started yet and it’ll still go out .

no Bally sports and I don’t see that happening anytime soon . Sure it’s not dish’s fault that Sinclair is Greedy but some I can’t watch my local teams on tv , it’s not worth keeping the service .
They will NOT drop the DVR fee, they know they can make that addl. money ... IF they dropped that fee, they could, but I feel they would have that fee added into another fee or just add it into the package fee, without breaking it down. Change the name of it ... you'll still pay for it one way or another.
The company is not going to take $22 OFF your bill without another way to get it back.
When that fee first started was the time to balk at it, not now.

I pay $66 per month and just have the Welcome Pack. I did add the Hopper3.It used to be $35 per month with fees. It has doubled in 10 years. Every year, it goes up at least $5.

Reactions: charlesrshell
According to the phone rep today he said that Dish now has a long term contract with Sinclair I would like a second source verification before I would 100% believe that just to be sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah... the people that post here usually know when an agreement is signed before the phone reps. Heck, the dead find out before the phone reps! The phone reps are just finding out about the deal DIsh and Disney struck.