Sirius CEO Karmazin promises to accept conditions if merger is allowed to proceed

Nothing new that I haven't heard before but the sohn's proposal does sound pretty good especially the ala carte and capping prices.

The fact that they are discussing conditions is promising....

Now we find out if the rejected E*/D* merger was influenced by the fact that Congress REALLY hated Charlie.

I'm hoping it does go through, both as a shareholder for both and as a subscriber to both. It would be nice to only need one receiver for both MLB and NFL broadcasts....

The fact that they are discussing conditions is promising....

Now we find out if the rejected E*/D* merger was influenced by the fact that Congress REALLY hated Charlie.

I'm hoping it does go through, both as a shareholder for both and as a subscriber to both. It would be nice to only need one receiver for both MLB and NFL broadcasts....

Yes, but as noted here:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=91307

You'll still pay for both.

That doesn't faze me... The problem was having to deal with two plug and play radios in my car..... I'd rather only have to deal with one....

With music royalties and licensing fees, did anyone REALLY think they were gonna get both for $13?

If they guarantee existing subscribers a price freeze for three years with their current programming, a combined Everything but the Kitchen Sink package for new or existing subscribers of $19.99 (maybe set up a tier system for those that only want music for $13 or something similar).

They are still in red ink, mostly due to overpaying for content. They are not going to be able to lower prices much more, unless they want to mimic commercial radio and sell more ads (in which case, what is the point?)....

Exactly how are they going to use an XM or Sirius receiver to get the signal from the other provider.

They will share content so for example, NFL games could be uploaded to XM's satellite once the deal goes through and the merged entity gets the NFL to sign off on it..... It's easy enough to get extra channels to work for those who pay extra vs. the base subscription pak (like they did with High Voltage and Playboy for a while there)

So...

It looks like they are going to run BOTH serrvices?

If you have an XM radio, you get some and a Sirius radio, others

I bet they come out with new radios, picking both up, using a dual antenna?

This is just bad. Here in New England, Sirius can be a joke because of the moving satellites. Way up here in NH/Maine, I lose Sirus a few times a day for minutes. And was told that the sats go below the horizon for New England subs once and a while.

how much does it costs to transfer

Baseball on Sirius??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)