Sirius newbie has some serious questions

026TB4U

Original poster
Jan 5, 2005
Hey guys,

My wife bought me a Radio Shack Orbiter SR4000 for Christmas along with the car kit. I've been away and haven't hooked it up yet.

My question is whether or not this is a good receiver or are there better ones on the market? I can return it if I need to.

Also, is the FM modulator an alright way to hook up or are there better methods (hardwire)?

Any other pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I really don't care much for the RS line of players. I like the XACT XTR1 Stream Jockey, the JVC KT-SR2000 or the Audiovox SIR-PNP3 (if you want the full size unit). The FM mod works great and it makes instal a snap and makes sure you are not altering ANYTHING in your car, but if you want the super pro instal the hardwire wont hurt; just costs more. I went with the FM mod so I wouldn't do ANYTHING to my car.

026TB4U said:
Hey guys,

My wife bought me a Radio Shack Orbiter SR4000 for Christmas along with the car kit. I've been away and haven't hooked it up yet.

My question is whether or not this is a good receiver or are there better ones on the market? I can return it if I need to.

Also, is the FM modulator an alright way to hook up or are there better methods (hardwire)?

Any other pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

The Orbiter (DISH Traveler and Brix Streamer, same units) are some of Sirius' most reliable units. There are a lot of choices. Go
HERE for a product matrix of the Sirius generation 2.5's. The best SQ will come from a hardwired setup, but the FM mod is not too shaby at all.

Sirius to offer video service

XM 34 - Elighten (Southern Gospel)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)